Search

places to go, people to see

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2012, 12:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
places to go, people to see

having swollowed the travel bug and now planning scores of trips, starting with a 'quick' tour of my own country.

I realise the need, the want, the benefit in keeping the memories of the passion for travel....

as you probably guessed, I taken up photography - to some its a dirty word - but to have the goal of capturing the moment, the space, the excitement of travel and emotion and have the ability the re-ignite the moment in others seems intriguing........

your thoughts should I travel with camera in hand, in front of eye....or should I travel with heart on sleeve and senses on high?!?!?!

what is your method: discovery and wonder, or travel and experience, do you travel with the thought of telling someone else about it (friends, family future generations) or travel for your own awakenings or pure indulgence...

your thoughts......................
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 09:51 AM

for me i travel because of the satisfactory,pleasure, discovery and wonders.and everything.
i think once you travel in different place or country it really gives something on us.
its like your are free to fly, to go and do whatever you want.
see different people,views and anything under the sun.
and at the same time you are capturing the moment,the happy moment.
it is really fun to travel.
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Original Poster

travel is about experiences and feeling a sense of wonder and having a 'natural high' of dscovery....

capturing the moment to share with others is a great way to link places and people.

as the topic says places to go people to see. I think any traveller has this thought, then acts. being able to share this pastime with others is why we have Fodors....

those who have travelled either way, feel free to post...

those who travelled, purchased postcards/books/souvieners, or those who filmed/captured moments and kept tickets/transport passes of attractions
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 12:13 AM

I take too many photos. Then I never have time to go through them after. I still haven't finished putting up my pictures from the 2009 trip to Ireland on my website, which means I haven't even started on the 2010 (London and Paris) and 2011 (Wales) trip photos. Well, since my firends and relatives haven't complained, they obviously aren't interested in seeing the pictures anyway.

I also buy postcards and souvenir booklets, because those pictures are much better than anything I can do with my simple camera, but you lose some of the personal touch with storebought professional pictures.
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 05:10 AM

When i travel i feel free. That is the only way to describe it. I feel so differently to how i do when i am at home because when i travel i realise that i am free to go wherever i want in this big world. The times that my husband and i have spent travelling are definitely some of the best times we have shared together. It never fails to bring us closer together and to create memories that we talk about again and again.