Travel from Salt Lake City to Moab

Apr 7th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Original Poster

Travel from Salt Lake City to Moab

Hello, i am single traveler. will be in Salt Lake city for a few days but wanted to venture to Moab to the National Park for their one day trip. What would be the best and affordable way to get me there since i don't know how to drive.
i am looking for a tourguide company that will pick me up from the hotel, transfer me to the guide location and take me one the next day since i know the drive is more than 4 hours. thank you
Apr 7th, 2011, 09:13 AM

Welcome to Fodors travel2easy. You have posted both of your threads on the "Travel Tips" board which is more for general travel discussions.

For your destination-specific questions you'll want to re-post over on the MUCH busier United States forum. (See the 'Change Forum' pull down menu? )

When you re-post - you can tag your thread for Utah (and you can combine your questions in one thread).
Apr 8th, 2011, 10:28 AM

Amtrak departs daily around 4:10 AM to arrive in Green River whistle stop around 8:39 AM and costs $32. Return train schedule GRI departure is 5:58 PM to arrive in SLC at 11:05 PM. Or contact Moab Luxuray Coach to drive between SLC and Moab. Find other shuttle companies servicing Green River to Moab too on http://www.discovermoab.com
Apr 15th, 2011, 09:12 PM

The best way to get to Moab is by car. Once you are there mountain biking is the most popular form of transportation besides 4x4 vehicles. The most intense and time efficient way to experience Utah's fantastic landscapes is a sunrise balloon flight, scheduled 365 days a year, weather permitting.

Search this Thread