Search

30th Bday Girlfriend Trip

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
30th Bday Girlfriend Trip

My friends and I will be turning 30 in 2 years and want to take a trip to some place we will probably never get the chance to go again. I know it seems like far away, but when you are a 28 yr old single "career" girl you have to plan these things. We both started this week by setting up savings accounts to get started. *Without money the trip can't happen*.

Here comes my question for those of you well traveled individuals. Where should we go?

At this point there would be at most 4 of us going. All 30, all active, all semi-single (meaning not married but dating), and fun. We want it somewhere tropic. Our birthdays are in December and January so we'd like some sun and sand. We've thrown out the ideas of Brazil or Tahiti or Bora Bora. But our budget isn't unlimited.

Do we go with a cruise or a single destination? All-inclusive?

We want easy, care free, and relaxing.

Also this would most likely be our first friend vacation with no family. We've done Cancun and Florida, but we aren't looking for spring break. Make any sense?

I guess what I'm looking for is some direction. Some destinations to get the creative vacation planning ball rolling. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 12:21 PM

Great idea, it will be a super trip. How about Panama? It has it all, culture, history, great food, beautiful beaches, volcanoes, hiking, rafting and zip lines through the canopy.
Personally I would not choose an all inclusive because I think it tends to make you resort bound. you will be able to experience more of the local culture if you get out of the resort. What time of year are you planning to go?
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 12:23 PM

I see you will be traveling in Dec and Jan, which happens to be the perfect time to visit Panama. 2014 is the year the new lock is scheduled to open and the 100th anniversary of the Canal.
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 01:14 PM

Victoria-House.com
Roertsgrove.com
Cavesbranch.com

Exotic nice beaches ruins.

www.rockhousehotel.com Negril great vibe back to Marley/Jagger

Not a big fan of AIs or cruises unless you want more Cancun like sameness of food drink and party.

Lastly I like Hotel Caribe Hilton Cartagenainfo.net lacasadefelips.com more exotic a bit dodgy but great vibe

3 hours south of FL on spirit.com and quite cheap.

Happy Hunting!
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 01:16 PM

An archaeological city built by the indigenous Tyrona Indians in the 13th and 14th Centuaries discovered in 1975 by “guaqueros” (tomb ...

www.lacasadefelipe.com/lostcity.html

Amazing exotic way off the beaten path.
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies so far. They are some places I would have never thought of.
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 10:36 AM

The beaches of Southern Thailand would be memorable, though may be beyond your budget.