Tickets for Colosseum, and other points of interest in Italy

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1st, 2009, 08:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am interested in reserving and purchasing tickets to various place in Rome and Florence online, to save us time before we get there. The places in question are the Colosseum, Galleria Borghese, Galleria Degli Ufizi Galleria dell' Accademia. I went online and saw the website www.tickitaly.com. Has anybody use this web site u other? Any information is appreciated. My family and I are going in 2 weeks. Thanks
Old Jul 2nd, 2009, 07:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Suggest you ask this on the Europe board.
Old Jul 2nd, 2009, 03:00 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I would not use Tickitaly. They mark up the tickets as much as double for some sites.

For Rome, I would buy the Roma Pass which gets you into 2 sites free and discounts after that (usually around 50%) and gives you a 3 day transportation pass. The cost is 23E. I would use my free admissions for the Colosseum/Forum/Palantine (counts as one admission) which is regularly 10E and the other for the Borghese (regularly around 10E also). You still must make reservations for the Borghese as they are reservation only. You can do that by calling or e-mailing to select a time and tell them you will be using the Roma Pass. For the Colosseum, just bypass the ticket lines and head to the group entrance with your pass. I bought my pass at the airport at the Commune di Roma booth in arrivals hall C. This is not the general tourist info booth as you exit baggage claim. Head to the right down the hallway after you exit baggage claim and once you run out of stores, the booth is on the left. As you can see, just using it for the Colosseum and Borgehese, the pass about pays for itself plus you have free transportation(bus/tram/metro/local trains).
www.romapass.it

The official site for the state museums of Florence is http://www.polomuseale.firenze.it/english/Default.asp?
You can book tickets through the website. Tickets for the Uffizi are running a bit higher than normal because of a special exhibit thru September and they do charge a booking fee, but it will still cost less than tickitaly.
Old Jul 2nd, 2009, 03:02 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
The website for the Borghese is http://www.galleriaborghese.it/borghese/en/edefault.htm
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your great replies. I just tried to buy tickets trough tickitaly to Colosseum, Borghese, Uffizi and Accademia and could not purchase them, because I was not flexible in my times, so I am worried that I will not get any tickets for next week. I am running out of time. I submitted my request again to purchase with flexible times. Any other comments?
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 02:52 PM

Do you have hotels in these cities? Can you ask your hotels to try to make these bookings through their usual sources? Hotels do this all the time.
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 05:45 PM

The hotel I am staying at in Florence booked my reservations for me at the Uffizi and Accademia.