Search

Sex and the solo traveller.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sex and the solo traveller.

Well,it took me awhile to get up the nerve to broach the subject.
I guess I'll give a bit of a background. I'm single and celibate. See where I'm going? No?
I'm coming up on a trip and the flesh is getting a little weak. I've come close while in Ireland,nice little make out session but I never go on my journey's with the thoughts of getting any action. So condoms are never on my list to pack.

I'm on my way to Prague,single and well I've got an itch. It's not my sole and full intention to get it scratched because I'm very cautious and slightly paranoid. If it helps I'll be truning 36 in May,this is my annual birthday trip.

So has anyone? I'm I crazy for even thinking about it?
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 05:47 PM

ok, i'm going to get nailed on this one. what is wrong with the members of the opposite sex where u r? otherwise invest in a vibrator. otherwise don't forget to pack the condoms. nuff said.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 11:34 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Well, I would certainly pack or buy condoms right away if there is any chance you might find the opportunity and decide to have sex with a man during your travels.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Original Poster

<<<<<ok, i'm going to get nailed on this one. what is wrong with the members of the opposite sex where u r? otherwise invest in a vibrator. otherwise don't forget to pack the condoms. nuff said.>>>>>>>

Lol,way to read the whole post.
I said it wasn't my sole purpose but it has crossed my mind. Vibrator: check. But anyway I'm certainly not looking for a relationship and I'm not looking for a one night stand. But if I were to meet someone and we hung out for a bit while I'm away,there could always be that possibility.

<<<<<Well, I would certainly pack or buy condoms right away if there is any chance you might find the opportunity and decide to have sex with a man during your travels.>>>>>>

Yeah I'm going to pack some just in case. I got quite a few offers in Ireland. Lol,all drunks.

So serious,I can't be the only one that has thought,done or come close. Okay maybe I'm just a freak. *gasp* I'll let this thread die until I return from said trip.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 04:23 PM

How long will you be in Prague?

If for a week, is that enough time for you to feel comfortable with a stranger to go any further? Or is it enough time to figure out if he's who he says he is before you go any further?

From your comment "But anyway I'm certainly not looking for a relationship and I'm not looking for a one night stand.", it sounds like you're a bit afraid of committment and are thinking that a holiday romance will keep you safe from that.

If you think you might, bring the condoms. You don't want to have the opportunity without them - that could be one or two souvenirs you didn't really want to bring back.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 06:15 PM

I am not recommending action either way, but you know the #1 rule of travel is planning. OK, it usually refers to your itinerary. Please be safe, listen to your inner voice, and buy your proection at home. Like anything else standards and quality are bound to be different in other countries. I say, travel prepared, then relax and enjoy your trip.
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 09:22 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Well since we're being so honest here, sure I'd go for it in a minute given the right opportunity. Unfortunately this has never come up (so to speak) when I've been traveling.
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 06:40 PM

well suze, after all, you'd be getting over that tragic heartbreak you were telling us about on the traveling solo thread.
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Original Poster

Warning it's about to get graphic....for some.

Oh Yeah I will certainly bring the proper equipment. Latex is not my friend..if you know what I mean. *gasp*
I will be in Prague for a week. My instincts are pretty good. When in Ireland I met some people and hung out for a couple of nights. My last night I ended up having a lovely make out session. I was invited to attend something that most Irish have never seen. In the same week I was sidled up with a guy,I was being polite but I really just wanted him to disappear. He kept trying to get me to his hotel. Hell I was barely in Ireland an hour and some guy was trying to give me a lift. What is up with that? I'm just going to go ahead and say it.....being a black female travelling alone,I attract a lot of attention.

Okay..maybe not so graphic...I kind of chickened out on the details.
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 03:15 AM

i guess it's irish hospitality i was only in ireland for one hour and a guy practically walked me to my hotel from the bus. he was a native. the irish are reported to be friendliest people in europe. italians as well. by the way, i'm asian.
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Original Poster

If I was feeling 100% when I was in Italy I'm sure I could've gotten a little smoochin.
Next time for sure.
Old Mar 31st, 2007, 12:35 AM

I think you ought to see a doctor about that itch before you go to Prague.
Old Apr 1st, 2007, 10:24 AM
Original Poster

Okay,will do.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 07:05 AM

Are you celibate for any particular reason? If so, then I think that it is important for you to stick to it. If the "itch" gets that bad, "scratch" it yourself. However, if it is just because you haven't found the right person, then by all means you need to take every precaution that you can. PLEASE PACK CONDOMS!!!
Old Apr 7th, 2007, 04:53 PM

I have had several invites during my travel. But...I have never had the nerve to go off with a stranger. Ever watch the movie Hostel?
Old Apr 7th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Original Poster

<<<Ever watch the movie Hostel?>>>

Yes I have,parisnow. While I was in a hostel and I laughed and I laughed and I laughed.
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 09:40 AM

A tip for the men. If you're going to Thailand and know you're going to get some company there, take some condoms along with you, unless you are as small as the Thai men must be.
Old Apr 12th, 2007, 08:44 AM

I've never messed around when travelling. Oh, I've had a few one night stands here where I live (yeah, yeah, call me a puttana), but it was always someone who I knew through a friend or a friend of a friend...I would never go to someones hotel/apartment, too easy to never make it out alive..

it's tempting..lots of good looking men, you're out on your own..BUT, safety comes first.
Old Apr 12th, 2007, 01:18 PM

wow, sounds like we are twins!! i'm 38 and i have that itch tooo!! so no, i don't think you're crazy because on my next trip i'm packing condoms and looking for a scratch to my itch!
Old Apr 13th, 2007, 11:41 AM

I went on a 16 cruise last year. Was celebate for 3.50 yrs before that cruise. Met this guy from my area on the cruise ship in Barcelona,Spain....then spent 13 glorious nights with him having the best sex of my life. Got off the ship never intending to see him again, but gave him my phone number. We are now a very hot, hot, hot couple. I am 52 yrs old and he is 48. Girl....go on and live your life, enjoy your life and make memories for your life. I did and I have no regret. Just practice safety in all ways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -