Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Travel Tips & Trip Ideas (https://www.fodors.com/community/travel-tips-and-trip-ideas/)
-   -   Quiet beach for recuperation for solo traveler (https://www.fodors.com/community/travel-tips-and-trip-ideas/quiet-beach-for-recuperation-for-solo-traveler-684764/)

EB2048 Mar 4th, 2007 08:26 AM

Quiet beach for recuperation for solo traveler

I’m a solo traveler looking for an extended vacation to recuperate. I’m looking to spend about three or four weeks on a sandy beach. I was wondering if anyone could help me find a place to stay with all of the following:

1) safe for a solo female traveler
2) a place to stay beachfront
3) quiet--no music on the beach, no loud people on the beach, no loud boats near the beach
4) not crowded beach
5) sandy and swimmable beach
6) hot and sunny weather
7) not in the hurricane zone

Thanks!

thursdaysd Mar 4th, 2007 07:58 PM

Do you care which continent? Price range?

EB2048 Mar 4th, 2007 08:45 PM

I'd like to get out of the continental US, but beyond that, I'm open to suggestions. I'm thinking about $5000, including airfare from New York.

teach2travel Mar 5th, 2007 11:45 AM

Bali - Stay in Sanur or Nusa Dua - not Kuta.

monkeetale Mar 6th, 2007 09:26 AM

Try Pinnacleport.com I once owned a condo here and it is on quiet end of Panama City beach (east end) and is quiet, secure, with beautiful beach. one and two br places are available.

seasweetie Mar 20th, 2007 07:53 AM

Except for the hurricane zone requirement, Anegada would fit your needs perfectly!

suze Apr 5th, 2007 06:09 AM

A cottage on Kauai (Hawaii)?

PlumeriaTattoo May 1st, 2007 04:04 PM

I'll second Kauai. Gorgeous beaches that are nearly empty much of the time. And a lovely island to explore if you are feeling up to it.

blgerber Jun 29th, 2007 05:05 AM

Beach #7 on Havelock Island in the Andaman and Nicobars (India). Nicest beach in the world. If you go at the right time you will share one of the most beautiful beaches you have ever seen with no more than 10 people.

Lylajean Jul 26th, 2007 06:57 AM

If you're still looking, I know of an island off the coast of Georgia. It has no beach itself, surrounded by intercoastal waterway and spartina marsh. Lovely setting, dolphins around the dock, birds, deer, peacocks, ducks. Very restful and peaceful. Completely safe even in the middle of the night. Great for women. Great, healthy meals. Swimming pool, trails. Beach nearby. Caretakers on island. Lylajean

escrowmanager Jul 31st, 2007 05:53 PM

How about Lanikai Beach (Rated #1 beach) check out www.lanikaibeachrentals.com or www.hawaiianbeachrentals.com to see if there is anything within you budget.
The sand is soft and white, the beach is quite, warm and oh so soothing. The water is perfect and the shore line is nice and sandy (not a rocky bottom). A couple of weeks there and you could forget that you have a life somewhere else!!

jonathanrio Aug 27th, 2007 11:30 AM

Porto de Galinhas, Brazil

luv2fly Nov 9th, 2007 07:37 PM

Mazatlan, Mexico - Gold Zone
on the Pacific