Notices

Puerto Rico - Help & Suggestions

Mar 22nd, 2009, 07:33 PM
Original Poster

Puerto Rico - Help & Suggestions

My husband and I are going on a much needed trip (minus our children) to Puerto Rico in August. We booked this yesterday, however we do not know where to stay or what activities we should do. I would love to stay at a hotel on the beach but we were uncertain where to stay. Also, we were thinking about renting a car one day to drive around the island, is this something that is recommended?

Thank you very much for any/all help you might have.

Sincerely,
Sal
Mar 23rd, 2009, 05:42 AM

I'd recommend you re-post on our Caribbean forum. More people will be looking to give Puerto Rico advice there.

The first question I think you need to ask is whether you want to be in San Juan and have access to its nightlife and restaurants or if you want to be in a more traditional beach resort atmosphere. The beaches are ok in San Juan, but they are better outside the city.

Without knowing more about you or your budget, it's hard to give you much advice. Take a look at my other post in this forum called "Introducing Talk Back". It has a link to an article I wrote last week on how to ask for advice here.
Mar 24th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the recommendation, I just posted one on this site as well. We do not have a budget set out and open to all options. Our trip is booked for 4 nights and 5 days and just interesting in hearing what is a must do. I'm going to get the Fodors book this weekend to also look at suggestions Have you been there before?

Search this Thread