Notices

Please help me plan my trip!!!

Aug 29th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Original Poster

Please help me plan my trip!!!

Hi everyone,

I am soon to be graduating college and I am looking to travel around the world for 3 or 4 months. I am from the US and i was planning on leaving from NYC and then.... thats where i need your help. Please suggest cities and websites to help me out. Also, if you can suggest camera or backpacks. Any information would be great.

Thanks!!
Aug 29th, 2009, 09:17 PM

This forum (Travel Tips & Trip Ideas) is a very slow board. I'd suggest you post threads on the individual continent forums and on the Air Travel forum. There are couple of Fodorites who regularly post on the Air Travel board who are pretty expert on Round the World tickets/travel.

"Europe", "Asia", etc have 100 X more traffic/participation than this one. You may get some help here - but it would more be by accident.

And, when you post your other threads - put a little more detail in the titles. Maybe something like "Need help on the European parts of my trip around the World", etc..

It would also be good if you included some detail in your posts like budget, time of year, etc. And any places you think you might want to visit. The more info you can give us, the more we can help . . .
Aug 30th, 2009, 09:01 AM

Besides the excellent resources here on other parts of Fodor's, I'll suggest www.lonelyplanet.com and go to their forum called The Thorn Tree. There's a RTW board there and lots of "backpack" style travelers.
Sep 3rd, 2009, 05:53 PM

3-4 months a nice project, you may start south mexico, central america or north Canada east then Europe or west then asia depending of you budget or confort level with different cultures. A web site for planning i would recommand www.tratoz.com, it group the best information available on the the we Fodors, Lonely Planet etc by destination or travel topic.You may be interested by the section "Free or almost free" if you have a limited budget

Search this Thread