Please Help-I am going crazy

Mar 21st, 2008, 02:10 PM
Original Poster

Please Help-I am going crazy

Hi Everybody! I really need some help. I am getting married July 18th and we are trying to plan the perfect honeymoon. I am 45 and it is my first marriage. We have been together a long time and have done a bit of travelling. We wanted our honeymoon to be really spectacular. So here is the deal. After months of indecision we think we may have a decision. Prior to THIS decision we were going to go to Paris, Rome and Lake Como Here is our itinerary:

Fly to San Diego - spend 4 nights

Fly to Papeete and go on the 7 day Paul Gaiguin cruise.

Return to NY.

Here is my dilema: We originally thought we would like to go away for 2 1/2 - 3 weeks and now I feel like we are cutting our trip short. Also the cruise sounds great, but I wish it was longer(there is only a 7 day cruise offered at this time)

So anyone who has been on this cruise: is it too short? Is is wonderful even though only seven days? Do you think this would be a good plan for a honeymoon?

I apologize for the long message and I thank you in advance for ANY help at all!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Marie
Mar 23rd, 2008, 11:35 PM

You could stay longer after the cruise and visit one or two islands and stay there.It depends what your interests are,but you do not have to limit your trip to just the cruise.
Mar 27th, 2008, 03:37 PM

Ree878, see my detailed reply on the Cruise board! PGauguin is wonderful even only for 7 days! Spend time on land on Moorea if you can! Trust me, you'll want to! Ditch San Diego- spend more time in FP!!
Apr 8th, 2008, 10:37 AM

We love all those places, and have don the P. Gauguin last spring. Spectacular. I know they have a longer trip that ends in Australia..we were on it for 2 weeks and also like San Diego..Papeete gets old quickly, imo.

Search this Thread