Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Travel Tips & Trip Ideas (https://www.fodors.com/community/travel-tips-and-trip-ideas/)
-   -   Packing and Vitamins (https://www.fodors.com/community/travel-tips-and-trip-ideas/packing-and-vitamins-813564/)

impacked Nov 8th, 2009 07:21 AM

Packing and Vitamins

I've recently added many supplements to my daily life and see a major difference. In the past when I traveled I take with me 1 mult. I would like to take them all on a 3 week trip. I don't want to take the big vitamin organizer that I use at home. I have about 9 a day (my husband acts like I'm a drug addict but they do help) so times that by 21

. Can you suggest a way I carry them all with me and simplfly the packaging?

LSky Nov 8th, 2009 07:28 AM

My husband takes a lot more vitamins than I do. Mine fit in a little organizer and I bring one for each week we'll be gone.

Dh's system is 2 simple, 2 baggies. The ones that look similar are in different bags. They're all counted out and he knows how many of each he takes each day.

Now the green powdered stuff is another story...

Fodorite018 Nov 8th, 2009 07:46 AM

I helped my mother with the same issue. Ziploc baggies are your friend:)

sharie Nov 8th, 2009 08:05 AM

That's what I use too - ziplock baggies or sandwich bags and roll it up.

impacked Nov 8th, 2009 11:50 AM

Thanks, the baggie thing was what I had considered but I have 21 days of 9 each day. I thought about putting them together in saran wrap and twisting the ends to cut down on the bulk.

.....Now the green powdered stuff is another story....

my solution is I take Trader's Joe flax seed and mix it with my cereal or yougart at breakfast in the morning. It taste good and I get the combo of fiber and the benefits of flax seed.

I use to laugh at myself cuz I said I take more skin care stuff when I travel than clothing. Now it vitamins and skin care!

geosand Nov 8th, 2009 12:08 PM

I buy tiny baggies at the drug store - they are the right size to hold one days worth. They come in packages of 50 or 100 ( so enough for a few trips!They would hold 9 tabs and then I put all those small bags in a ziplock. Works like a charm

impacked Nov 8th, 2009 03:40 PM

Perfect! I've never seen them in the drug stores. Which one?

Neuman605 Nov 8th, 2009 03:49 PM

Try a craft store if you can't find them in a drug store.

geosand Nov 8th, 2009 04:13 PM

I'm in Canada and they are in most - i am sure the big US chains would have them - another place i saw them was in a big box stationary/ computer type store. In Canada it was at one called Staples. I believe they would also be at a craft store as neuman suggested

AJMelheim Nov 8th, 2009 04:28 PM

I saw those little baggies a couple of days ago at WalMart in the pharmacy area.

impacked Nov 8th, 2009 06:18 PM

Thank you all for your help...and my health thanks you too! I appreciate your time and great solutions! Now, I'm almost ready for India.

Neuman605 Nov 9th, 2009 04:15 PM

I want to be almost ready for India! :(