Notices

Honeymoon to London and Amsterdam

Jan 21st, 2013, 10:36 AM
Original Poster

Honeymoon to London and Amsterdam

We are entirely new to travel and looking for help or suggestions with booking our honeymoon to London and Amsterdam. We'd like to spend 2 or 3 nights in London and 3 nights in Amsterdam. This will be in early April this year. Can someone recommend the best way to book our flight and hotel? Is there a good website for package deals? Should we book the flight/hotel separately? I found a good deal on europeandestinations, but I'm not sure if it's safe. Just looking to get pointed in the right direction. Thanks!!
Jan 21st, 2013, 11:09 AM

Congratulations, and welcome to Fodors. You'll get many more replies if you repost this on the Europe board - use the Change Forum option above.

You can connect London and Amsterdam easily by train - see seat61.com/

Sometimes a package deal my work out, but you have to be careful about which hotels are included. You can easily book your own air. Research fares on sites like kayak.com and onetravel.com, although it's usually best to book directly with the airline if the fare is about the same. You've left it a bit late for air, but April is not high season and there should still be some deals out there.

If you provide a budget (actual dollars, not "moderate" or "expensive") you'll get lots of suggestions on the Europe board. I'd also recommend reading some guidebooks.

Don't forget about jetlag, you won't be in very good shape your first day in Europe. London is worth as much time as you can give it, two nights is only one day - you certainly need more than that!
Jan 21st, 2013, 01:47 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! I will try the Euroipe forum

Search this Thread