Notices

Honeymoon Suggestions

Mar 11th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Original Poster

Honeymoon Suggestions

First, thank you for your input in advance.

I'm getting married August 20th and will be flying out of Portland, Oregon. We're looking for:

1) A destination that doesn't take too long to get to is important, maybe less than 10 hrs travel time.
2) Somewhere relatively safe from hurricanes and political unrest
3) Somewhere relatively secluded and relaxed
4) We have a nice budget and would like to maybe go for up to one - two weeks.
5) We like avoiding typcial tourists and we don't need a good night life, we'd rather have relaxation and seclusion.
6) Hawaii seems like a logical conclusion but it seems like so many people go there that we'd like to go somewhere a bit more unique.
Mar 11th, 2011, 12:59 PM

Hawaii! "Many people" go there because it is so incredibly wonderful. It fits everything on your list. I suggest Kauai for the most relaxation and seclusion.

Mexico or Central America would be another option fitting many or your requirements, but most places in August is rainy season... hot hot hot and humid.
Mar 11th, 2011, 01:01 PM

You could look at something like Bali, but I think you'd need to up your flying time for that.
Mar 13th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your suggestions Suze, I really appreciate your time. Do you have any places on Kauai you would recommend? I was also looking at San Los Cabos as it seems out of the hurricane path and is cheaper to fly too but agreed, looks hot.

Search this Thread