Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Travel Tips & Trip Ideas (https://www.fodors.com/community/travel-tips-and-trip-ideas/)
-   -   Holiday Advice (https://www.fodors.com/community/travel-tips-and-trip-ideas/holiday-advice-973659/)

bjc280 Apr 9th, 2013 06:58 AM

Holiday Advice

Hello,

I am looking to book my next holiday, Sometime in September / October.

I am looking for warm weather but I do not want to just lay on the beach. I want to explore and take in the culture. I am also a big foodie! I do not mind adventure but I am not able to climb a mountian or scuba dive (if that makes sense).

if there are any other questions or points i left out please let me know.

And thank you for your advice!

RoamsAround Apr 9th, 2013 07:14 AM

Where do you live?

How far/long are you willing to travel to reach your destination?

Are you willing to travel internationally or only domestically?

How long a trip are you planning?

What is your budget for airfare, accommodations, food and activities? Give us a specific dollar range, not nebulous terms like "affordable", "won't break the bank", etc.

Where have you been before and what did you like/dislike about those trips/destinations?

What type of activities interest you? You have to define for us what you mean by "explore" (what do you like to explore?) and "culture"?

bjc280 Apr 9th, 2013 10:49 AM

I live in NYC. I think I will be away for a week. I would like to be away somewhere warmish. I am not sure what my budget will be, but I do have miles which I can use. Some of teh places that I love is Bali (but that is too far), barcelona, brugges, tulume. I was not so thrilled with brussles and midrid.

Rastaguytoday Apr 9th, 2013 12:56 PM

You're off-season for the Carribean.

My favorite island is St. Barths.

Great food, nice beaches and an interesting culture in a small area.

thursdaysd Apr 9th, 2013 05:00 PM

Sicily. Greece. Morocco. Although a week is really too short for them. Perhaps Nice, but go later rather than earlier to avoid the crowds.

johnsilva0123 Apr 10th, 2013 03:50 AM

Orlando could be your option to stay...............Good places with fun and adventure too............and the food was amazingly good...........

KaneCarter Apr 10th, 2013 04:01 AM

My advice would be to go to a travel agents and tell them what you want and the prices you can pay, and let them advise you, they will know the market better than anyone.

If you are talking about abroad there are lots of places for enjoying holidays.

thursdaysd Apr 10th, 2013 06:50 AM

Ignore KaneCarter. You live in the US, the vast majority of TAs here only know about cruises, Disney, and big bus tours to western Europe.

archmack Apr 13th, 2013 02:44 AM

oh yes! orlando is best choice for you...

HappyTrvlr Apr 13th, 2013 03:18 PM

Turkey seems like a good fit.

archmack Apr 16th, 2013 04:28 AM

the main area attraction of orlando is Blizzard Beach, Disney World, Daytona Beach, Cocoa Beach, Universal's Islands of Adventure ..... quality inn & suites orlando is best hotel in orlando,fl

dhdhotels Apr 22nd, 2013 01:40 AM

i would like to go orlando this year....

thursdaysd Apr 22nd, 2013 04:42 AM

Wouldn't own a hotel in Orlando, would you, dhdhotel?

Sally_Parker Apr 22nd, 2013 11:35 PM

Qubec City