Search

Heys Luggage

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heys Luggage

Does anyone have any experience with Heys luggage? They seem to be advertising a lot here in Toronto, and the carry on bags are amazing light. I'm just wondering how durable they are. Thanks.
Old Aug 26th, 2005, 05:22 AM

Hi Susan...I am also from Toronto (recently relocated to the US) and bought a set from the Home Shopping Channel about 2 years ago.

They seemed like a good deal, however, the first time I used the 24" bag to fly, it was wrecked - however, to give credit where it was due, who knows what the baggage handlers at Air Canada did to it to get it that way.
I fixed it up with Duct Tape (very chic!) and have continued to use it.

Otherwise, it's ok. Some of the fabric on the outside has been damaged but not to the point that it is ruined - it just quickly looked "well travelled".

For the price I paid it is fine (I think I paid $150 for a 5-pc set with 26", 24", 20", 17", and a gym bag).

And let's face it...the airlines can wreck even the most expensive, best quality suitcases if they really put their minds to it!!

Good luck!
marcy
Old Aug 26th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. We ended up buying a couple of them (one carry on, one to check). But I wonder if they've changed since you bought yours? We didn't see any fabric bags - they were all hard sided bags. They are very light, so I'm hopeful!
Old Sep 14th, 2005, 06:13 AM

I heard from a lady in a luggage speciality store in the GTA that they Heys hard side carry-on is the only one to trust and is cute with all the colours available and it is lightweight, but the others don't really hold up well. My sister bought a set of the Hey's fabric type luggage a few years back and one of her larger ones broke after it's first use.

Good Luck and hope your Heys luggage proves the others wrong.

By the way, I was told by this lady at the luggage store that Delsey and Skyway were some of the best luggage brands out there. Our daughter is a flight attendant and Delsey is what the airlines issued to the crew to use for work.
Old Sep 28th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Original Poster

Well, after our trip, I can say that the bags stood up really well! We flew from Toronto > Amsterdam > Istanbul on the way there and then Istanbul > Amsterdam > Detroit > Toronto on the way back. While in Turkey, we took 2 other short flights and a few bus rides, so we did give the bags a workout. We especially liked the fact that the bags can expand - even though they are hard sided, they have a zipper which enables you to open them up a little more. Very handy because we bought 2 carpets and put one of them in the larger bag to come home. I'm very happy with them.
Old Sep 28th, 2005, 12:16 PM

Susan, I am glad you luggage stood up well. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. 8-)