COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Travel Tips & Trip Ideas
Reload this Page >

Has the coronavirus personally affected you or your friends/family?

Old Mar 25th, 2020, 10:15 AM
Administrator
Original Poster

If you are already ill, or quarantined with someone who is, share whatever feels comfortable to share about what it's like. Or did you have an "am I infected" scare that turned out to be okay after all?

We will incorporate your unique insights in our upcoming newsletters, social media, and articles.

Last edited by IBShep; Mar 25th, 2020 at 12:08 PM. Reason: re:wording
Old Mar 25th, 2020, 04:59 PM

HIPPA laws are there for a reason.
Old Mar 27th, 2020, 05:34 AM

One of my close friends was infected, she had all the symptoms, but she is doing okay right now, she just stayed at home and tried to recover from herself, as she would for a flu.

Careful, I'm not saying it's "just the flu". A lot of people have died from the virus. We shouldn't laugh about it.

I'm just sharing my experience. And don't listen to just anyone and everyone. Everyone has different ways of getting the virus and getting cured. Just protect yourself and do what your government tells you to do.

Old Apr 1st, 2020, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by IBShep View Post
If you are already ill, or quarantined with someone who is, share whatever feels comfortable to share about what it's like. Or did you have an "am I infected" scare that turned out to be okay after all?

We will incorporate your unique insights in our upcoming newsletters, social media, and articles.
Yes on both matters.
We cancelled a cruise we had planned for May before Princess decided to cancel all their cruises for 60 days.
Friends of ours were due to return to the US from India today but its likely that will not occur until the end of this month at the earliest.