Search

Planning a european vacation in November-December

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Planning a european vacation in November-December

HI All!

My husband and I would like to plan a trip to europe for about 10 days in November-December and I would like to know which are the best countries/cities to visit during those times. We are ok with the cold weather (and by that I mean cold as in snow, not cold as in always rainy) and don't expect to find a warm area so going to a beach is not a priority. We would just like to see a bunch of historical sites, eat lots of food, and find some nice pubs to hang out in and meet some locals. We also wouldn't mind just staying in one place but it would be nice to maybe visit a few cities within maybe 2 hours max distance.

Any advice is greatly appreciated,

Odalys
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 03:09 PM

You'll get the best advice by posting your topic in the Europe forum.
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 01:25 AM

You may go england because November and December best time to go there. You can enjoy cold there.
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 03:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nov and Dec are hardly the best time to go to theUK! You need to be aware that the further north you gothe shorter the days will be.

Switzerland or Austria or eastern France if you want winter. Southern Portugal or Spain if you wantit warmer.
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 12:21 AM

It depends what sort of things you want to do. If you want skiing then go to the Alps. If you want to see big cities then I recommend Berlin and London - both still good to see in the cold weather. Germany is particularly good in December as then you can explore the Christmas markets which can be found in any big city. London is good at any time of the year but don't count on good weather - or even snow - it is likely to be rainy but that doesn't mean you cant enjoy it. You will be able to visit lots of historical sites in England - lots of castles and old houses that are not far from London. Berlin is also good for history. Italy could also be fun - I visited Florence at the start of November one year and it was cold but sunny and less busy with tourists than it would be for the rest of the year. And Rome has lots to see. Italy is great for history, art and food.