Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Travel Tips & Trip Ideas (https://www.fodors.com/community/travel-tips-and-trip-ideas/)
-   -   Girlfriends Trip - Where should we go in late March? (https://www.fodors.com/community/travel-tips-and-trip-ideas/girlfriends-trip-where-should-we-go-in-late-march-954515/)

halfull_glass Oct 23rd, 2012 08:22 PM

Girlfriends Trip - Where should we go in late March?

My friends and I are planning a trip in late March for about 10 days and are having a hard time picking a destination. We are all in our late 30's early 40's, professional, and have traveled quite a bit internationally. Some ideas that we've floated so far include: England, Spain, France, Italy, and Greece. We've all been to these places independently before but not at this time of year and never together. What would be the best match as far as fun factor, weather, sightseeing, etc?

chiccaa_x Oct 24th, 2012 04:45 AM

Last March I went to Spain, I stayed in a apartment near the town of Mojacar. It wasn't as hot as it is in Summer time but it was still decent shorts and tshirt weather.

As you may already know lifestyle in Summer is very busy, you may find a difference that towns are less busy in March but it can be very relaxing without a lot of people surrounding you.

There are alot of things to do in the town of Mojacar. The town is situated on the top of a mountain, and is a lovely little town with cobbled streets and small shops. One of the resturants you can look over the balcony and look at the whole view of Mojacar and so on, its beautiful!

England as such doesn't really have great weather all year around, but there are a few things to do around here as I live in England but the weather doesn't really help things.

Hope this helps.

halfull_glass Oct 24th, 2012 07:12 PM

Mojacar sounds beautiful! I've never been to that region of Spain so this may be a contender...My friends and I live in Los Angeles so we aren't necessarily looking for shorts/T-shirt weather (though that's always nice). I suspect it's rainy in England that time of year, but I was wondering how cold it gets around then?
Thanks so much for your input-always great to get another female traveler's perspective!
Best,
Hoori

chiccaa_x Oct 25th, 2012 07:48 AM

Mojacar is a beautiful town. It has so much going on there, if you are lucky enough sometimes in March they have street parade's up the town and they are amazing and wonderful too watch.

In England weather can vary, sometime's it can be a nice warm March but sometimes weather can be rainy. If it's sunny it can reach to around 25 degree's (thats if your lucky) but tempreture can drop to around 14 degree's if its raining so if you do visit Birmingham its best to be prepared for weather changes.

suze Oct 25th, 2012 12:47 PM

I wouldn't go all the way to Europe from Los Angeles myself for only a 10 day trip. Between the day you loose getting there & getting back you're down to 8 days on the ground, then add jet lag, significant time change, price of plane tickets... it simply wouldn't be worth it to me.

For a short duration trip like that I'd look at either Mexico or Hawaii myself instead.

fentonsguesthouse Nov 5th, 2012 05:52 AM

Have you thoroughly explored our own country? How about staying in a bed & breakfast, centrally located to Branson MO, home of so many well-known musicians; Eureka Springs AR, "the Swiss village in the Ozarks"; the Buffalo National River, a premier canoeing river, some of the best hiking in the country along the Ozark Highlands Trail; Mystic Caverns...so MANY things to offer from right here in north central Arkansas!

Bedar Nov 6th, 2012 07:56 AM

We LOVE Mojacar and lived there for many years. Easter is March 31, and the week before is Semana Santa when many people come down to their houses for a holiday. Otherwise, spring will be very quiet. There really isn't much to do there - chilly for the beach - except go on a toot in the bars for which Mojacar is infamous. Or, perhaps play golf. Better to go someplace warmer like the Canary Is. or Morocco.

suze Nov 6th, 2012 12:10 PM

I don't see any reason to limit yourself to the USA. But there are many many foreign places that are closer to Los Angeles, than Europe.