Notices

Flight Insurance

Jun 19th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Original Poster

Flight Insurance

I will be buying a ticket to to Europe in the fall and will be going with my family. My brother, who will also be going, has cancer. Although he is doing well right now we do not know what the future brings. Is it possible to purchase insurance for the flight ticket that would reimburse him if he is too ill to make the trip? I always hear horror stories about insurance loopholes and preexsisting conditions etc. My brother simply wants to insure that he would get his money back if he is too ill to travel. Would it be safer to buy the insurance directly from the airline? He only needs insurance for the flight. Not other travel exepnses. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Jun 19th, 2010, 01:37 PM

Visit insuremytrip.com for comparative quotes. You don't want "flight insurance" (that insures against injuries caused by the plane being in an accident) you want "trip interruption or cancellation insurance". Generally, pre-existing conditions are covered if and only if you take out the insurance within a specified time frame after buying the travel, but you must check your intended policy carefully.

Search this Thread