First Time Travellers Advice & Tips re:Italy

Sep 10th, 2010, 03:01 AM
Original Poster

First Time Travellers Advice & Tips re:Italy

My spouse and I will travel abroad this October to attend a 3 day work conference in Switzerland and a 3 hour business meeting in Bolzano, Italy.

We are from Cape Town and the only travelling we've down outside of South Africa was last year on our anniversary to Zanzibar for 2 weeks, hence the limited experience of travelling abroad. We are travelling on budget and are obviously looking at the most cost effective way of travelling in Italy specifically.

Below is a breakdown of questions that we need some guidance on please;

We're arriving at Malpenza Airport @ 20h45 from Cape Town via Dubai and would need to get to our accommodation the Berlino Hotel. Which mode of transport is cost effective and how do we get to it after collecting our luggage? If the metro trains or bus services is your preferred advise, which station should we get on and off to navigate our way to The Berlino Hotel. Could we get public transport from this Hotel and where do we get on?

Immediately the following morning we have a 2 hour meeting in Bolzano and have no idea how to travel there from the Hotel we staying at and which train or bus services to use? What type of cost effective public transportation should we take?

Thanks

M
Sep 10th, 2010, 04:40 AM

If you re-post on the Italy thread you will get many replies and much better advice. There's not a lot of traffic on Travel Tips (even though some of us wish it were more active). Good luck!
Sep 10th, 2010, 10:34 AM

Yes, as spcfa suggests, re-post this on Europe.

This board is more for general travel topics - not destination-specific questions. Lots more people will see/read your thread on Europe.
Sep 22nd, 2010, 10:06 PM

I'd check with the hotel and find out what they recommend. After a 20 + hour flight, I'd be a bit disoriented - good luck

Search this Thread