Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Travel Tips & Trip Ideas
Reload this Page >

Didn't Book a Covid-Free Flight - Will I have to quarantine in Rome?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2021, 04:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello All!

I hastily purchased a ticket to Rome through TAP Air Portugal back when I heard that Italy would be open to vaccinated American travelers in July. Now that I know I should have booked a Covid-free flight, I am kicking myself. I cannot refund it, and tomorrow is the last day to change the dates.

So, will Italy drop its quarantine requirement for Americans by July? Or should I change the dates? How would I even know if and when they are going to drop the quarantine requirement?

Thanks for any advice.
Old Jun 17th, 2021, 06:44 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
"So, will Italy drop its quarantine requirement for Americans by July? "

I doubt even the Italian authorities yet know what they will do in July. Rules are changing daily.

I suggest you register on flyertalk and ask your question there (be sure to provide more details such as the dates of your flights, which airport you are flying out of, if you are connecting through any other airports/countries, etc.

Some members of flyertalk have or will be flying in to Italy and and know what is required, plus many have paid access to timatic which is the site airlines use to determine if you are allowed to board. But - I'd guess the some will post something along the lines of "who knows what will happen a month from now"