Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Travel Tips & Trip Ideas (https://www.fodors.com/community/travel-tips-and-trip-ideas/)
-   -   destination help (https://www.fodors.com/community/travel-tips-and-trip-ideas/destination-help-1108949/)

dizzyan May 23rd, 2016 06:37 AM

destination help

hello out there! im from Greece and have a long holiday off from work during august.
if u guys had, 20 days and 3500 euros to spend where would head to?
looking for a non-European destination, somewhere safe above all for solo female travelers.

looking forward to ur suggestions/ideas.

hugs
A.

RoamsAround May 23rd, 2016 08:38 AM

What type of places (big cities, rural country side, mountain retreats, tropical islands, adventure destinations, beach vacations, etc.) do you like to visit and what type of activities do you enjoy?

Where have you been before? What did you like about those places?

Do you want to spend all your time in one place or are you interested in seeing multiple destinations.

For non-European destinations have you considered:

The Canadian Rockies (or almost anywhere in Canada)
The Seychelles
Indonesia
Thailand
Vietnam
The Caribbean
The South Pacific
Central America - Costa Rica, Panama
Amazon
New England

If I were you I'd look into organized land or ship based tours - there are literally hundreds upon hundreds of very interesting itineraries in places all over the world.

suze May 23rd, 2016 02:38 PM

Mexico?
a Caribbean island?

bakshishweta915 May 24th, 2016 11:29 PM

If you are looking for a destination in India then Delhi will be best suitable place. Here you can see many beautiful destination like Chandni Chowk , Jama Masjid and Khari Baoli Bazaar of spices etc.

dizzyan May 27th, 2016 12:05 PM

Thanks so much for your replies!
i am actually looking for a place where i can enjoy nature and relax. ive been almost everywhere in europe but this summer i just want to experience something different.
i love yoga, trekking, visiting museums and i love jazz clubs too hehe.

Canada is a good option i guess but during august it might be a little be boring to be in the big cities.

If some of you have a Canada holiday experience or u r canadian, could you kindly make some sort of planning regarding what cities are worth visiting, activities in nature that one can try,national parks and/or main attractions that worth or not seeing.
thanks in advance.
A.

janisj May 27th, 2016 01:55 PM

dizzyan, if you want info about Canada, you will do better posting on the Canada Forum (see the 'Change Forum' pull down menu at the top of this page)

sparkchaser May 27th, 2016 02:06 PM

Does that 3500€ include airfare?

dizzyan May 28th, 2016 03:09 AM

3500 tickets included yes!

justraveling May 29th, 2016 08:36 AM

I'd go to Northen Europe. Finland in particular is a great and totally underrated destination. Outside Europe, I'd suggest Mongolia, which definitely comply with your budget. May be scaring for a solo woman, but it's very safe and of course you can join other travelers to go through the Gobi or other desolated places...

sparkchaser May 29th, 2016 10:36 AM

justtraveling:

<i>looking for a non-European destination</i>

sparkchaser May 29th, 2016 10:38 AM

Check out Vancouver in Canada. Lots of fun outdoor activities nearby, a mild climate, friendly people, and not terribly expensive.