Notices

de bahn train tickets

Nov 21st, 2010, 05:42 AM
Original Poster

de bahn train tickets

I have just booked my wife and myself on the Rome to Munich overnight train for next month. The website asked how many passengers were traveling (2) as well as our ages. However the website only wanted my name and details, not my wife's. The ticket was sent by email and stated it was valid only for myself, but did say ' and accompanying persons where applicable'.

The fare was 298 EUR for 1st class, which was a lot cheaper than a single airfare with Lufthansa. Is my wife also booked on the same ticket, or do I have to book her separately and pay another 298 EUR ? The wording is ambiguous. The website reverted to German when I tried to investigate, leaving me stumped. I don't want to front up in Rome next month to find she has no ticket. Can anyone please help ?
Nov 21st, 2010, 10:22 AM

Welcome to Fodors holgatetony: You have posted on the Travel Tips forum which is meant more for general travel discussions, not destination-specific or detailed questions.

There are a LOT of de bahn/rail travel experts posting on Fodors -- but not on this particular board. See the 'Change Forum' pull down menu? Click that to move over to the Europe Forum and re-post your question there.

Search this Thread