Search

Camera reccomendation

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2018, 02:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the additional suggestions! Very helpful!
Old Feb 11th, 2018, 01:36 PM

I'm just using my Iphone X camera
Old Feb 13th, 2020, 02:09 AM

If you consider the beginners' camera should ideally be quite light. the simplest mirrorless cameras have the advantage in terms of portability, but if the size isn’t a priority, otherwise you want to use bigger lenses and an optical viewfinder, it's worth considering a DSLR just like the Nikon D5600 or D3500.
Old Feb 16th, 2020, 04:16 AM

I have a so-called digital bridge camera, the Nikon Coolpix B700. It is compact but it has a super zoom. I've had a DSLR in the past but I only used it in automatic mode. It was heavy and I needed a tripod to photograph objects that were somewhat further away
The Nikon does what it has to do. I can use it manually or automatic. I used it for the first time during our trip in Costa Rica and it makes excellent photographs, also close-ups and macro's.
Old Feb 19th, 2020, 05:02 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pasqualino
Thanks you all for the great advice. I just purchased a Sony - Cyber-shot RX10 III "open box excellent condition " from Best Buy. The price was deeply discounted $850. DP Review listed it as their best camera for travel, PC Mag gave it an editor's choice, B&H gave it 4 1/2 stars, and dcd recommended it's newer (but more expensive) version the IV. I'm excited (and also worried that it will be too big and heavy and I will never learn to use it properly!)
I was just reading this thread for the first time and was going to comment when I saw someone recommend the RX10 IV. I actually have the RX10 III and have used it for the last three safaris I've been on. I absolutely adore this camera and it takes wonderful photos (although I've also invested a ton of time learning how to use it properly and take advantage of light and motion). However, I would never carry this around on a trip like around Paris or London or some trip I'd be doing a lot of walking and have to lug this. It is heavy and takes up a fair amount of room in your bag. Be sure to get a good bag with a comfortable strap if you'll be carrying it a lot.
Old Feb 20th, 2020, 08:54 AM

From a Photographer

This is an intensely complex question but I want to address just 2 of the many considerations in camera vs phone.

The number one reason to have a camera is the ability to use different lenses. Digital Zoom is really horrible when it comes to print quality and being able to have a couple lenses depending on if you are trying to shoot wide or far is really, really useful.

The second would be image quality. Not the image quality viewed in Instagram, but the quality of a large print. The sensor size matters!

With that being said, the movement is going to mirrorless, and Sony leads the way in this Tech. Grab yourself a a6000 and you will be blown away with its capabilities. And it’s small, lightweight and packed with features such as WiFi to instantly share to your phone.

Hope this helps!
Old Apr 27th, 2020, 09:21 PM

If it is your first purchase, I would suggest a mirrorless as it is the more current innovation.

Purchasing an interchangeable lens camera likewise prompts assembling an ecosystem of equipment that often is restricted by compatibility. If you are starting with an empty kit, why not start with the most recent innovation? The less weight hanging off your neck or shoulders is a special reward.
Old May 29th, 2020, 06:22 AM

I would recommend GoPro. I take GoPro where I can not take my DSLR.
Old May 29th, 2020, 03:01 PM

^ Seconding this, or anything similar if you find the GoPro costly. I'm not very knowledgeable with cameras myself but they seem enough for me and being waterproof is a plus vs phones.
Old Jun 10th, 2020, 11:55 PM

I used DSLR earlier, I used to carry DSLR on my every trip. But now I'm using my mobile to travel photography. I have an iPhone XS mobile, which is enough for the best photos. This mobile is having good image quality and I used my mobile for capturing best photos on my last trip to Palawan, Philippines. These days mobiles are having enough pixel cameras to capture beautiful pictures.
Old Jun 19th, 2020, 02:08 PM

It's interesting. I like to photograph beautiful buildings or unusual places while traveling, because for me it's the best way to extend the impression of the trip and share what I saw with my family and friends. I’m not a very good photographer, but this time I decided to practice a bit in taking photos on the trip. I find an article where are interesting tips on how to take a photo and there are tricks on how to get cool on a selfie. I hope you find this interesting too. If you have any tips for an amotor in photography, then I will be glad to know them!
Camera reccomendation-depositphotos_28680923-stock-photo-happy-tourists-taking-photo-of.jpg
Old Jul 26th, 2020, 08:19 AM

I want to buy a good camera for daily video vlogs (around ~$500).

Hey there. Just like many others, traveling has been my childhood dream. I have always wanted to see the world with my own eyes, visit different places, explore and have my own adventures. But not everyone gets to travel for various reasons. I couldn't travel all this time due to financial and other issues.
All this time I spent in school, college, and saving money. But now that I finally graduated I want to begin my journey.
I also like to take photographs and record videos so I am looking for a good camera mostly for recording my adventures.
But since I am on a very tight budget, for now, I am looking to buy a camera under $500. Should I buy a Go Pro or some Mirrorless or some other camera?
I am thinking of buying a GoPro since I can get it for under $500 and I have seen a lot of travelers use it but I am not sure if I can record my everyday travel videos with it.
Please let me know what do you think I should do.
Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 26th, 2020, 09:42 PM

Just use your phone.

At some point you may find it limiting. At that point think of a standalone camera.
Old Jul 26th, 2020, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by isshin
I want to buy a good camera for daily video vlogs (around ~$500).

Hey there. Just like many others, traveling has been my childhood dream. I have always wanted to see the world with my own eyes, visit different places, explore and have my own adventures. But not everyone gets to travel for various reasons. I couldn't travel all this time due to financial and other issues.
All this time I spent in school, college, and saving money. But now that I finally graduated I want to begin my journey.
I also like to take photographs and record videos so I am looking for a good camera mostly for recording my adventures.
But since I am on a very tight budget, for now, I am looking to buy a camera under $500. Should I buy a Go Pro or some Mirrorless or some other camera?
I am thinking of buying a GoPro since I can get it for under $500 and I have seen a lot of travelers use it but I am not sure if I can record my everyday travel videos with it.
Please let me know what do you think I should do.
Thanks in advance.
hero gopro 8
Old Jul 26th, 2020, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Traveler_Nick
Just use your phone.

At some point you may find it limiting. At that point think of a standalone camera.
I tried with a phone but it's not very satisfying. For example, You can't just use one phone to record as well as navigate and do other things. For example, during vlogging... So I have to carry two phones, one for recording and other for important usage like calling, navigating, using the internet, etc.
That's why I was thinking of a camera, not a DSLR or something, but a lightweight camera that can record good videos and can be used for a longer duration.
GoPro's battery backup is not very long but I can manage it with multiple batteries.
Old Jul 26th, 2020, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by menachem
hero gopro 8
Yes, that's what I am thinking to buy as well. But one of my friends said (knows a lot about cameras) that the battery backup is an issue and instead I should buy some mirrorless in that range.
I want to ask you, your reasons for suggesting GoPro Hero 8 over a mirrorless.
Old Jul 27th, 2020, 07:45 PM

None of the consumer ML have great battery life. Even the pro ML aren't that great.

Look for a camera that can run off an USB power bank. I don't know about GoPro but you find that feature in many cameras today. At worst get one that charges from the powerbank. This way when not in use you can have the camera in your bag charging.
Old Jul 27th, 2020, 09:02 PM

None of the consumer ML have great battery life. Even the pro ML aren't that great.

Look for a camera that can run off an USB power bank. I don't know about GoPro but you find that feature in many cameras today. At worst get one that charges from the powerbank. This way when not in use you can have the camera in your bag charging.
Can a GoPro be charged with Powerbank? I think GoPro has a dual battery charger which can be charged by a powerbank.
Old Jul 27th, 2020, 09:28 PM

No idea about the GoPro but I think many of it's competitors can be
Old Jul 27th, 2020, 09:44 PM

No idea about the GoPro but I think many of its competitors can be
DJI Osmo is probably its only competitor. Do you have any other names/suggestions??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -