Best all inclusive resorts for single in late 40ís

Old Jan 5th, 2020, 02:50 PM
Original Poster

Best all inclusive resorts for single in late 40ís

I am looking for a 4 or 5 star for adults only. Iím in my late 40ís and travelling alone. Not looking for a continuous party atmosphere but certainly want a bit of a night life and definitely want good food. Hoping to connect with other singles late 30ís-late 40ís for socializing. Not looking to ďhookupĒ so if my understanding is correct, Hedonism and Club Meds are out. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks
Old Jan 5th, 2020, 03:17 PM

When are you planning to travel?

Where are you traveling from?

How long a trip are you planning?

How long are you willing to travel to reach your intended destination?

What type of budget do you have in terms of actual dollars?

Do you require a beach location or are you looking for something in the mountains or out in the countryside?

What type of activities interest you?
Old Jan 5th, 2020, 03:32 PM
Original Poster

I am travelling from Ontario. Definitely want beach location for a week. I would love to relax by the pool, go to the spa, mingle etc. I am very outgoing and social and would love to go to a club in the evening. My concern is I donít want to be amongst nothing but 20 year olds as I have read about most of the all inclusive resorts. Just looking for insight on some decent options. Budget would be no more than 2500.
Old Jan 6th, 2020, 05:42 AM

Look into the Valentine Imperial Maya in Mexico's Riviera Maya. It's an adults only AI where you can just chill out or take part in activities.
Old Jan 6th, 2020, 07:32 AM

>>Budget would be no more than 2500.<<

2500 what?? Can$, US$ or something else?

Also is that for everything -- including airfares?

WHEN -- that can make a huge difference re room rates.
Old Jan 6th, 2020, 08:07 AM

There are loads of adult only AIs all over the Caribbean. You donít have to stick to the usual suspects like Jamaica, DR or Mexico unless your budget restricts you, which it might do for 4-5 star hotels.
You also donít have to stay in an AI hotel, you can find hotels that offer meal plans inc AI or full board.
Maybe look to which countries/islands you can fly direct to.
Old Jan 6th, 2020, 08:51 AM

If you are thinking about the Caribbean then you might want to either ask the moderators to move your thread to the Caribbean Forum or just report your question on that forum. If interested in Mexico or Central America repost on that Forum.
Old Jan 6th, 2020, 10:16 AM

>>If you are thinking about the Caribbean then you might want to either ask the moderators to move your thread to the Caribbean Forum . . .<<

I agree but it might be better for the OP to first decide on a region AND clarify her budget number then she can re-post on the Caribbean or Mexico/Central America forum (or which ever one is appropriate)
Old Jan 6th, 2020, 10:47 AM

I would love to relax by the pool, go to the spa, mingle etc. I am very outgoing and social and would love to go to a club in the evening. My concern is I don’t want to be amongst nothing but 20 year olds as I have read about most of the all inclusive resorts.

Then how about not going to an All-Inclusive resort? I travel solo to beach destination w/ pool, spa, sight seeing, local entertainment, etc. just on my own. I either stay at a local hotel or rent a condo or apartment. This works beautifully for me in Puerto Vallarta Mexico or Honolulu Hawaii. If I feel like socializing I "connect" with others around the condo pool, at various bars around town, sometimes at the gym or zumba class, a gallery walk or book reading.

If you do want to stick with the All Inclusive idea you just need to look at other types of resorts, they are not all aimed at 20-somethings, your impression is simply not correct. I do believe they may be more aimed at couples and families though. And those with more single people are the party-hard kind of places like you mentioned.

Just an idea because twice a year I do what you are requesting, except for the AI resort part of it. suerte, suze

Last edited by suze; Jan 6th, 2020 at 10:50 AM.
Old Jan 6th, 2020, 04:44 PM

Brands to consider:
Secrets. My son and DIL stayed at one in the DR and loved it.
Sandals. They honeymooned at one in Mexico, loved it too.
They area AI, adults only, designed for couples and I am not sure about single rates. Could be quite a supplement.

Good luck

Larry
Old Jan 6th, 2020, 05:33 PM

Sandals is couples only so that won't work.
Secrets resorts tend to be mostly couples but are not restricted to couples.
Old Jan 6th, 2020, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by schmerl View Post
Sandals is couples only so that won't work.
Secrets resorts tend to be mostly couples but are not restricted to couples.
Thank you. I didnít know that.
Old Jan 7th, 2020, 05:20 AM

https://www.tripstodiscover.com/top-...s-for-singles/
Some on this list you may not like but several others look promising.