Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Travel Tips & Trip Ideas (https://www.fodors.com/community/travel-tips-and-trip-ideas/)
-   -   Bad recommendation on Super shuttle Paris (https://www.fodors.com/community/travel-tips-and-trip-ideas/bad-recommendation-on-super-shuttle-paris-945198/)

Dannykoi Aug 1st, 2012 09:08 PM

Bad recommendation on Super shuttle Paris

Hello,
I would like to recommend NOT using the super shuttle services, at least not in paris where we used them and were very disappointed.
My wife and I pre-ordered the super shuttle services online. When we landed yesterday in paris, we called them and they said they will dispatch a shuttle right away and it will arrive in 5 minutes. We waited more than 45 minutes (for a drive than took less) during which we called them a few times and they kept on lying to us and saying it is on way and it will arrive in less than 5 minutes, when in fact they were in constant contact with their driver, Mark, and could have told us exactly what is the expected pick up. If we would have known we at least would have had the option to decide whether we want to stay and keep on waiting or leave earlier with another company or service.
Another family with kids that waited with us, finally decided to quit and left after half an hour. .If I had known that this is the type of service that we will receive I would never have booked them from the beginning.
Danny

Rastaguytoday Aug 2nd, 2012 07:58 AM

One bad experience does not a bad company make.

I've used shuttle services many times in in Paris to/from CDG and Orly, and have never had a problem.

dutyfree Aug 6th, 2012 06:49 PM

I just came back from Paris two days ago and had used Super Shuttle. I prebooked but found upon landing that due to construction at the terminal and waiting forever on the phone to reconfirm from baggage claim that it was very confusing (and I work as a flight attendant so am used to European limo services on a regular basis).
I finally got a ride from them only after an hour and then waiting for another 20 minutes while they picked someone else up at another terminal.
The return ride was prompt however we stopped to pick up several other people so an extra 45 minutes were added on to my original pickup time of 630am.
I think that if you are traveling as a single it is more economical but if there are more than two traveling just take a taxi.

medecure Sep 18th, 2012 02:32 AM

I do agree with you RestaGuytoday

cheribob Sep 22nd, 2012 12:37 AM

The Air France Bus & the Metro are both great ways to get to Downtown Paris. They are both fast & cheap.

baladeuse Sep 25th, 2012 06:08 AM

I have also had bad experiences waiting for prebooked shuttles. I now think that just walking out the door and taking the first cab available makes much more sense, if you're not up to using the metro or the airport bus, which are usually the best options.

mlgb Oct 16th, 2012 07:44 AM

I've had the same experience with them in Los Angeles. I think it must be company policy to keep lying to customers that the shuttle is 5 minutes away. At least at LAX there are two shuttle companies, and I don't prebook anymore.

lahorquette Mar 19th, 2015 05:45 AM

Bonjour, je déconseille fortement Supershuttle, car suite à une course cette semaine, ils nous ont facturés deux fois suite à une anomalie sur leur site internet. Malgré mes protestations et la preuve que je n’ai reçu qu’une seule confirmation, ils refusent de nous rembourser.

thursdaysd Mar 19th, 2015 11:07 AM

Bienvenue à Fodors. Malheureusement, ici nous parlons Anglais.

LoriNY1 May 13th, 2015 03:45 AM

never used the Super Shuttle, but the Roissy Bus is cheap, quick, and reliable! 11 euro per person, pay on the bus. picks you up at various places in CDG and drops you off in central Paris by the Opera Garnier.