Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Travel Tips & Trip Ideas
Reload this Page >

Fitness/surf/boot camp adventure destinations. Where?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,
Where should I go for a fitness adventure vacation? I've found several sites (Swell Surf Camp in Hawaii, Surf Hawaii North Shore Camp, Las Olas Surf Camp in Mexico, Jungle Bay Boot Camp Dominica, Amansala Boot Camp in Tulum, MX.) Whew! Just the few I've found. Anyone had any great sweat challenging vacations with some spa/relaxation/fun down time? Surf/hike/boot camp, etc. I am a single female traveling solo & can share a room. April or May? I'm flexible. Looking for maybe 5 days & prob 2 days to travel from Atlanta. I know these can get quite pricey, so the cheaper the better...always! Thanks!!
Old Mar 13th, 2010, 02:15 PM

I haven't done the Jungle Bay Boot Camp or stayed at the resort, but I've been to Dominica many times and can confirm that if you want true adventure, stunning natural beauty, and intense hiking, this is the place. The rainforest is amazing, the hot pools are fun, the people are really friendly and it is not touristy at all. If you scuba dive or have ever thought about it, check out Nature Island Dive. Great dive masters and instructors, and the reef around Soufriere Bay is stunning. Just to give the full picture, the beaches are not white sand or long and beautiful, more like coves with dark sand. And..if bugs bother you, be prepared. We have never stayed in any rentals there with screens. The mosquito nets are over the beds for real- not for rustic charm.
Old Aug 4th, 2010, 07:00 PM

Hello.. you should try whitewater rafting at the Great White Water Tours Corp. in Cagayan de Oro City! aimed to provide satisfying and longer rafting adventures by rigorously following the track of each white water rafting trip.
Old Aug 5th, 2010, 06:52 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Hawaii's a LONG way to travel from Atlanta for only a 5 day vacation. I'd save that trip until you have more time. I go solo to Waikiki on Oahu quite often, it's a very fun yet safe and easy destination for a woman traveling solo.
Old Aug 5th, 2010, 06:53 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Oops, I see this is an old post that got topped. Sorry.