Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Travel Tips & Trip Ideas (https://www.fodors.com/community/travel-tips-and-trip-ideas/)
-   -   3 kids under 5 - where to go from Cali (https://www.fodors.com/community/travel-tips-and-trip-ideas/3-kids-under-5-where-to-go-from-cali-1108533/)

karinehm May 20th, 2016 06:36 AM

3 kids under 5 - where to go from Cali

We are trying to figure out where to go with our three kids (4 year old twins and a 3 year old). We would like a beach vacation. Husband keeps suggesting Cancun/Cozumel area. He wants something with Caribbean water. This would be the first flight for kids so I'm hesitant about distance. We would like something kid friendly though our kids are not the type to leave our side and venture to kids clubs. We want to lounge by the pool and on the beach, maybe one or two tours/excursions. I'm open to suggestions and any advice you have.

Also, rules about car seats?

suze May 20th, 2016 09:17 AM

How about Hawaii instead?

There are no rules about car seats in Mexico.

karinehm May 20th, 2016 08:34 PM

I would love to go back to Hawaii, but he wants the warmer Caribbean water.

thursdaysd May 21st, 2016 05:07 AM

If you're looking for suggestions for the Caribbean, you will get more replies if you post this on the Caribbean board.

LolaBolaBear Jun 6th, 2016 12:19 PM

Tybee Island off the coast of Georgia, beautiful seaside town with fabulous beaches, plenty of apartments and town houses to rent at affordable prices, many with a pool and barbecue for your use. And with very few cars on the island, it is very child friendly and cycling is the main form of transport. There is an aquarium and marine science center as well as many other child friendly activities on the beach.If you are planning on taking your trip in July or August you may be even able to watch baby turtles being released into the ocean. There is also a lot of culture on the island to visit such as the lighthouse and national museum. The nearby city of Savannah (twenty minutes by car) is perfect for day trips for historical culture and for all your shopping needs, as there are few mall style shops on the island though there are plenty of supermarkets. There is also a children's museum in Savannah, which I would highly recommend. In Savannah there is also a wildlife center and an interactive pirate restaurant. There are also many fantastic child friendly restaurants on the island, if you would want to dine out a few of the evenings. So whether you want a relaxing day or a day of high adventure Tybee Island is the place to be.

aliced Jun 11th, 2016 04:59 PM

Our son had three kids within 18 months too, and a cross-country trip is not easy . An island off Georgia would require transfers from Dallas? Atlanta? Unless you fly out of LAX, you'll be limited cross-country as to non-stops. Then a drive to the coast? Keep it simpler until the youngest is 6-7. How about Cabo?