zippered luggage tag

Old Sep 8th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
zippered luggage tag

In the lastest issue of Budget Travel magazine one of the winning Reader Tips for the month said they used a "zippered luggage tag", put money into it, hooked it over their belt, tucked it into their pants, as an alternative to using a money belt. OK so far so good, but I have never seen or heard of a luggage tag that had a zipper. Why would it?

Have you (heard of this)? I tried Google and didn't find anything. Before I write the editors and give them a piece of my mind (just kidding) thought I'd run the idea past the forum.
gracias y merci, suze
Old Sep 8th, 2010, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How awkward that would be, when Magellans and Changes in Latitude and others sell very well made pouches for just that purpose - smooth so you don't even feel them when they are tucked behind your waistband, and easy to pull up when needed without embarassing belt-loosening moves etc.

Eagle Creek is one brand, I see no need for klutzy luggage tags being pressed into doing that kind of duty, even if they exist with zippers on them.
Old Sep 8th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for reading and replying. That was my thought exactly. But then I often think that about the Budget Travel Readers Tips they choose to feature.
Old Sep 8th, 2010, 03:40 PM

I know, some of those "contributions" read like coming from people who like to see their name in print... Not often is there an orginal thought in there. If the mag didn't print people's names, the column would surely shrink and die.
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 01:35 PM

suze: Never heard of a zippered luggage tag. Maybe they were talking about some kind of wallet. Megellan's has what they call "pickpocket proof" wallet (WalletSafe)that attached to your belt loop with a low profile metal chain.

Who knows???
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Sue, but no, they were really specific the way it was worded.

"Keep it in Your Pants. Luggage tags with zippers are great for carrying credit cards and cash. Just fasten one to your belt loop, tuck it under your waisteband and inside your pants, and you've got a foolproof moneybelt."
signed with the name and location of the contributor

I like Budget Travel magazine a lot, but their Readers Tips section is often pretty lame. Plus (since I'm used to participating on internet travel forums) it drives me crazy that I can't give my 2 cents in reply to their dumb ideas -ha-ha.