Notices

16mm lens

Sep 3rd, 2013, 01:21 PM
Original Poster

16mm lens

Would anyone recommend using small sized 16mm lens for travel photos? Am thinking of taking a tiny Panasonic G4 on a trip to Burma, but using an adaptor to take old school 16mm lens. I figure it means I can take a smaller camera than a DSLR but still manage to take ace shots. However I'm no expert so wondered if anyone had done this?
Sep 3rd, 2013, 11:20 PM

You say "old school" lens. What lens is it? Is it autofocus or manual? If it's autofocus, is it still autofocus with the adapter and does the camera support it?
Sep 4th, 2013, 04:39 AM

I thought Panasonic skipped from G3 to G5. I'm not familiar with that system, but recommend giving it a good tryout before committing yourself to using it on what could be a once in a lifetime trip. With an "old school" lens, not only autofocus, but metering could be an issue as well.

I am a Nikon user, and agonise over whether to leave my D200 SLR behind and take the smaller P7000 instead. The DSLR can be quite a load when you include extra lenses and detachable flash, but has a lot of features I miss when using the P&S.
Sep 4th, 2013, 04:41 AM

I carry a PS & DSLR but if I want a really great photo, I am going to use the DSLR because of the extra features and flexibility.

Search this Thread