Quick reply in each post is confusing

May 31st, 2018, 01:23 PM
Original Poster

Quick reply in each post is confusing

I have noticed some threads in which people have responded to specific posters without referencing which post in the thread they were addressing, and that they had several posts in a row on the thread that were each replies to specific posts. I believe they must have clicked on “quick reply” inside the post, thinking their response would show up under the post they clicked on. But it doesn’t. All the quick reply links lead to the same place at the end of the thread.

My suggestion is to eliminate all the duplicate quick reply links within each post and just have one at the end of the thread. Having multiple links as it is set up now is misleading, and some posters are clearly not understanding.
May 31st, 2018, 01:40 PM
Administrator

I totally get that.

At the same time, making such a change is certain to anger all the people who know how Quick Reply works and rely on it for their responses.
May 31st, 2018, 02:20 PM
Original Poster

I doubt anybody relies on the ones within each post. One at the end of the thread would be much clearer and much less repetitive.
Jul 3rd, 2018, 01:44 PM
Original Poster

Here is a good example of a thread which illustrates the problem:

money exchange

I really think there would not be many complaints about eliminating the quick reply option in every post, and it would avoid confusion like that in the link above.
Jul 4th, 2018, 05:57 AM

Having the quick reply after each post allows quoting that particular post. There would be no way to do this if the only reply box were at the end of the thread.
Jul 4th, 2018, 09:51 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AJPeabody View Post
Having the quick reply after each post allows quoting that particular post. There would be no way to do this if the only reply box were at the end of the thread.

To quote your post here, I clicked on the quote icon. Not on quick reply.

And now I am using my phone. I don’t usually post on my phone. But it looks like there is no “quick reply” after each post on the iPhone. On the ipad there is.

Last edited by Nikki; Jul 4th, 2018 at 09:55 AM.
Jul 5th, 2018, 10:48 AM
Administrator

I'm sorry, but I've been using this software on 20+ sites over 7+ years and this is the only complaint I've ever seen about this. It's core software functionality and it is not going to change.
Jul 5th, 2018, 10:59 AM
Original Poster

OK, I will stop complaining.

Search this Thread