Editing posts

Oct 22nd, 2018, 12:09 PM
Original Poster

Editing posts

I am making a plea that the powers that be reconsider the decision to limit the amount of time a poster can edit his or her posts. I am in the middle of writing and posting a long trip report. I have found a couple of annoying errors in segments that I posted yesterday or in any event too long ago to edit, In one, I have a date wrong, and I would love to correct it.

I think the number of times one would want to go in and correct something for legitimate reasons far outnumbers the times one would want to edit to do whatever it is the moderators are afraid of. Just showing the fact that a post was edited ought to be sufficient to alert the reader that there have been changes, and if someone is trying to deny they said something they said earlier, the edit notation is there as evidence.
Oct 23rd, 2018, 07:36 AM

Hey Nikki,

Thanks for your suggestion and you bring up some valid points. The main reason why we keep editing to a minimum is because we want to avoid users from contorting their responses and it's a lot easier to manage it that way. In response to your point when it comes to changing the dates and other legitimate items, you have a 1-hour grace period to go back and make those changes. If you need to edit something after the 1-hour grace period, you can make another post down below. Hope you understand.

« Previous Thread | - »
Search this Thread