LAN Does It Again, check your flights!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 09:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are flying LAN to South America, with a connecting codeshare flight on American, check your reservations.

LAN does not seem to have an adequate system for notifying booked passengers of flight changes or deletions.

My connecting flight (an AA flight from LAX to SFO) appears to have been deleted out of existence, both on the AA schedule and on my international ticket. They never rescheduled it onto another connection.

So I have a ticket that starts 400 miles away. Lucky it wasn't a flight connecting to Dallas or Miami.

I will solve it one way or another, with or without LAN's help. At least after numerous calls I finally got a LAN agent in Chile that waswilling to hold a seat for me on an alternative connection. Most just said "call back Monday". It could still take several days to get all the other departments and supervisors to sign off on her attempt.
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 09:51 AM

Maybe it is also an AA thing. My son got to check in yesterday with AA (no LAN flight involved) and was told the date change he made a month ago was not registered, then oh yes it was registered, then it wasn't paid, then oh yes it was paid and everything was alright. You can imagine his heart doing flip flops. Modern travel is so stressful.
Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 06:00 AM

Modern travel anywhere is stressful. Doubly so in Argentina. LAN changes flights regularly and they are better than Aerolineas, which changes flight times, cancels flights and is prone to numerous delays. Good thing the wine in Argentina is so good. Great way to relieve stress.
Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 07:04 AM

Last May, Air France deleted the Prague- Paris portion of my Prague-Paris-Montreal return--I was flabbergasted-anyway I discovered that well in advance, so I was able to remedy the situation

I will check (again) my LAN return flight via JFK that leaves next week(I hope) for Lima

It has been changed twice already!!
Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 09:43 AM
Original Poster

I think it is a combination of AA having all of those damaged planes and filing for bankruptcy, and LAN's general cavalier attitude toward their schedules. Their customer service is just a tiny bit frustrating!
Old May 1st, 2012, 12:12 AM
Original Poster

Here it is now Tuesday before my Thursday morning flight and LAN has still not emailed confirmation of my new connecting flight.

I called American and was able to get a record locator and I was able to select a seat on the new flight. I assume that I could not have selected a seat without a confirmed booking. But who knows what will happen at the airport as all of my flghts are listed as "STATUS UNKNOWN" on aa.com, probably the same as happened to Huentetu's son!

All LAN ever told me was that it was in the "back office of Lan.com" to send me confirmation. Always promises of tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow they will get to it.

Then when I get to SFO I have 1:15 minutes to make the connection.