Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > South America
Reload this Page > Venezuela - Caracas and Margarita Island
Notices

Venezuela - Caracas and Margarita Island

Jul 3rd, 2009, 03:43 PM
Original Poster

Venezuela - Caracas and Margarita Island

I am going to Venezuela for my brother's wedding. The wedding is in Caracas, then we are all going to Margarita Island for a few days. I am looking for information on the departure tax from Venezuela, is it included in the airline ticket (American Airlines)? Also, I need information on travel between Caracas and Margarita Island - is there a ferry? If so, what is the cost? Or do we have to fly? What would the price of a flight be? We are arriving in Venezuela on July 29th, and going to Margarita Island on August 3rd. We need to return to Caracas for our flight on August 6th (flight leaves from CCS at 3pm). Any info would be helpful, I am having a hard time getting accurate inforamtion. Thank you!
Jul 4th, 2009, 05:27 AM

Check with American usually is included.An exit tax and airport fee must be paid when departing Venezuela by airline. As of January 2009 the exit tax is 92 Bolívares Fuertes, and the airport fee is currently 115 Bolívares Fuertes (a total of approximately 97 USD calculated at the official exchange rate). In many instances, especially with non-U.S. airlines, the exit tax and airport fee are not included in the airline ticket price and must be paid separately at the airport upon departure.

Ferries slow and fast like www.conferry.com but flying best..

There are
Jul 4th, 2009, 05:35 AM

internal flights CCS PMV best booked internally.

Search this Thread