Trip to Peru with my girlfriend (mid 20s)

May 9th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Original Poster

Trip to Peru with my girlfriend (mid 20s)

I am wondering what is the best idea for a trip to Peru with my girlfriend. We are both mid-20s. Price is a factor but not on a super tight budget. We do not know much about traveling to Peru and would like some basic travel ideas for around 7-10 days. We will be traveling from Toronto and would like to do this vacation in either June or July.
May 11th, 2013, 05:33 AM

June July is a goodntime visit the highlands as it is the dry season. This website will provide a lot of suggestion. If you click on a trip and then onto the trip notes on he top right you will get a lot of detail. I am not suggesting that you need to use a tour operator or a travel agent as it is really easy to DIY but this will provide a good starting point. I don't think you have enough time to include the Amazon.

Fitting in the highlights in 10 days is a very subjective choice but for me the 'not miss' bits would be Cusco and the Sacred Valley, Arequipa and Lake Titicaca. All of these would be doable in 10 days but it would be a bit rushed.

For budget to mid range accomodation , www.hostelworld.com is a good bet and the reviews are pretty reliable, unlike some sites. This is the busy season so I would start looking ASAP if you are particular on where you stay.

The destination section of Fodors is a good place to star for ideas http://www.fodors.com/world/south-america/peru/

www.andeantravelweb.com also has some great info

There are some photos of the places I mentioned and a little more detail on our blog http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blo...ai/1/tpod.html entries #54 on cover Peru
May 15th, 2013, 04:42 AM

I think you would like to go to Ica, 4 h south from Lima nice weather even in winter time you will get a lot of fun doing the ride buggies trough the desert and if you want to see more pictures and want u can do in ica just google ica adventures there is a profile picture of a guy showing fruits there are so wineries in Ica that u don't have to pay to get in there but many people there offer tours and u stay in the right place in Ica they will take you for free and u have to pay u ride that is like 20 maximum but the tours charge 30 soles sometimes per person and sometimes 45 soles.

Search this Thread