Notices

Tour guide for Machu Picchu

Aug 4th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Original Poster

Tour guide for Machu Picchu

We're planning a trip to Peru in late September and will be going to Machu Picchu with an over night stay. I've read somewhere on this board where someone recommended an excellent tour guide to hire for MP. I have looked through the postings but can't seem to locate that post or tour guide.

From what I remember the guide may even have his own web page. Or maybe I'm thinking of something else.

However, We're going to be coming into Cusco and getting to Olly to take the train to MP, staying over night in Aguas Caliente and then returning to MP the next morning before eventually leaving MP and taking the train all the way back to Cusco.

Would anyone have information on the or a tour guide we could contact prior to departing for our trip?

Thank you
Aug 6th, 2014, 09:39 AM

A lot of people recommend Percy Salas so maybe you could search on his name here or on Tripadvisor for contact info.

I didn't use a guide at MP and didn't miss having one, but some people like them. I think having a guide is more useful for touring the Sacred Valley, so you may want to hire them for the transfer/tour from Cusco to Ollantaytambo.

Even if you have a guide I would read one of the guidebooks such as Ruth M. Wright's which you can order on Amazon etc.
Aug 12th, 2014, 01:50 PM
Original Poster

@mlgb - thank you. We're still working out the details and reading lots of tips here and on Tripadvisor. Lots to cover!

Search this Thread