So I've committed to doing the W trek in Torres del Paine on my upcoming trip to South America. I'm from Canada and have winter trekking experience.
However, I'm not sure if I should start with the trek in mid June at the beginning of my trip or if I should do it at the end of my trip in mid August. Does anyone know which time of year would have preferable weather?
Also, would camping supplies stores in Puerto Natales be open at this time of year? I wouldn't mind renting some of the equipment so that I don't have to lug it around with me afterwards.
This is one of my wildest dreams so any information is extremely appreciated! The more info the better.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 BROTHER Printer 1800:570:1233 Installation CONTACT Brother Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 3 Advice on Peru Itninerary
- 4 Some tips to get to MP.
- 5 need help with my Peru Itinerary : Cusco, Puno Arequipa
- 6 Wanting tips for trip to Brazil
- 7 Private driver Mendoza?
- 8 Chile -Valparaiso to San Antonio Chile by car
- 9 Torres del Paine - Jan 2018
- 10 Santiago/Valparaiso/Wine Region - January 2018
- 11 Where to spend Christmas & New Year's Eve in Argentina
- 12 Galapagos Islands, a paradise
- 13 Argentina in January (fingers crossed)!
- 14 last-minute Argentina planning questions
- 15 Advice needed for Colombia
- 16 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 17 La Boca safety question
- 18 San Pedro de Atacama
- 19 My trip report from Argentina
- 20 More Colombia Itinerary help - beaches
- 21 Travel to brazil under Duel Passports
- 22 Considering 2019 eclipse tour with Astro Trails
- 23 2 weeks in Colombia Itinerary help
- 24 Argentina (Chile?)
- 25 hotel selection Buenos Aires, Argentina