My trip to Bolivia and Peru is gettting closer In the end of September we are flying to La Paz and I guess we will relax there for a few days to get used to the altitude. It is about 4000 meters above sea level so it can cause a bit of problems for the body
We will probably take some day trips..probably to lake Titicaca, to Aymara ruins Tiahuanacu, Chacaltaya (which is 5395 meters above sea level).
We will also go to Macchu Picchu and Cusco in Peru but I’m afriad that we won’t get to take the inca trail walk
We also plan to go to Salar de Uyuni (a salt lake in Bolivia), to Toro Toro and the Amazonas.
I look forward to the trip...it will be my first time in South America so it will be a new experience for me. We are visting the brother of a friend of mine and he is doing most of the planning for us and I think it will be good to have someone with local knowledge there.
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Where to spend Christmas & New Year's Eve in Argentina
- 2 Galapagos Islands, a paradise
- 3 Argentina in January (fingers crossed)!
- 4 Advice on Peru Itninerary
- 5 last-minute Argentina planning questions
- 6 Advice needed for Colombia
- 7 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 8 La Boca safety question
- 9 San Pedro de Atacama
- 10 Santiago/Valparaiso/Wine Region - January 2018
- 11 Chile -Valparaiso to San Antonio Chile by car
- 12 My trip report from Argentina
- 13 More Colombia Itinerary help - beaches
- 14 Travel to brazil under Duel Passports
- 15 need help with my Peru Itinerary : Cusco, Puno Arequipa
- 16 Considering 2019 eclipse tour with Astro Trails
- 17 2 weeks in Colombia Itinerary help
- 18 Argentina (Chile?)
- 19 hotel selection Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 20 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 21 Patagonia-thoughts on my 24 night schedule?
- 22 Argentina in January
- 23 hotel selection Santiago/Valparaiso Chile
- 24 Perito Moreno best tour and hotel
- 25 Torres del Paine - Jan 2018