I'm planning a trip to South America for later this year, sometime towards the end of August and was hoping to get some insight/comments on visiting the continent. I've only recently started doing research, but for now, what I'd like to do is spend 3-5 weeks travelling around, and my plan right now is to start with the north in Colombia (Cartagena), then Medellin. From there, down to Ecuador (Quito, and the Galapagos Islands). Then Peru (Lima), Chile (Santiago), and finally Argentina (Buenos Aires, and Calafate).
I realise that 3 weeks for all this is (probably?) next to impossible, but I was hoping to get some advice and thoughts from people who have experience travelling around South America. Could this actually be done in 3 weeks? Even if it were 4 weeks, is it still unrealistic, or is it doable?
It may end up being that I only have 3 weeks, so if it is, are there some places that can be cut out, or possibly more worth visiting than others?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER # InstallationCONTACT☎1888 279 0246 ☎ HP Tec*h 24*7
- 2 From Argentina to Antarctica: The Ultimate Expedition
- 3 Advise on first trip to South America
- 4 My trip report from Argentina
- 5 La Boca safety question
- 6 Visiting Iguazu Falls
- 7 Lodging Recommendations for Buenos Aires and Mendoza
- 8 Airport transportation
- 9 estancias
- 10 Nuqui Colombia
- 11 Santiago to Valparaiso
- 12 Advice on Peru Itninerary
- 13 9 days in Chile & Bolivia
- 14 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 15 Bariloche or Villa La Angostura in Argentina Lake District
- 16 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 17 Hotels in San Pedro de Atacama?
- 18 Need Dinner recommendations for 12 Peru trip
- 19 US to Argentina Nov 28, passport expires March 7, 2018
- 20 Chile -Valparaiso to San Antonio Chile by car
- 21 Cusco Hotel Suggestions
- 22 Santiago/Valparaiso/Wine Region - January 2018
- 23 Chiloe in January - need input!
- 24 Preliminary thoughts -- Peru and a bit of Bolivia?
- 25 Valparaiso Hotels - January 2018