Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > South America
Reload this Page >

Some advices and experiences about choqeuquirao trek 2018.

Old Dec 21st, 2017, 09:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi would like to share my experience and some advices during my trip to choquequirao. Well, my landing in Cusco this time was too cold, but it doesn't matter because I was shocked about the beautiful city too. Going to my accommodation near to the mainsquare I saw the qoriqancha ruins and some local museums, I already had bought choquequirao trek tickets online and just I had to wait the next day for my excursion so I sleeped a bit before my trek that begun at 500am. I waked up too early with the backpack already prepared and went to my hike. During my hike and before of this one people saidme that the trail would be challenging and I believed it should be easier for me, when I was walking on the road I cannot understand why I was losing energy...was the climate, an advice is acclimate your body in few days in Cusco. A sweet woman shared me hoja de coca and like other advice is useful buy hoja de coca befire the trek, I chewed it and magically can obtain energy and more resistance .
A good tip also can be prepare correctly your backpack, avoid carry unnecessary things. Also have a good trekking shoes, if you buy new use the pair before the trek becausae is probable it can hurt you. Drink a plenty of water it can avoid the mounatin or altitude sickness .
Old Dec 21st, 2017, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This seems to be the new way to advertise.. Post a fake "review" and hope someone checks your profile.