My husband and I will be traveling to Argentina in May. We will be flying into Buenos Aires, and taking an overnight bus to Iguazu Falls. We Are staying in Iguazu for 2 nights then taking an 11:40am flight to Salta. We are staying in the northwest region for 4 nights and then taking the overnight bus to buenos aires- where we will be staying for 5 nights.
We can't decide whether to split up our time in The northwest region and stay 2 nights in Cafayate and 2 nights in Tilcara or pick either north or south of Salta. If We decide to have one base, should We pick north or south? (We plan on spending half a day in Salta upon arrival before heading to our base.)
We really want to see both humuaca and cachi, but we are starting to think we are being too ambitious. Though we've read some people have done this renting a car.
This is our first time traveling to South America. We are both in our early thirties and love food and great scenery. We will probably do a short hike one day, but we aren't very active people. We won't be renting a car, but plan on taking a bus or hire a car.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 MACKEEPER 1~800~681:7208 installations Contact MACKEEPER Tec*h care
- 2 Best way to visit Machu Picchu
- 3 Galapagos in May
- 4 From Argentina to Antarctica: The Ultimate Expedition
- 5 Meal pricing
- 6 tango classes in BA for amateurs
- 7 Galapagos: Land based visit + short cruise - opinions appreciated!
- 8 Advise on first trip to South America
- 9 Visiting Bogota during layover at airport.
- 10 My trip report from Argentina
- 11 La Boca safety question
- 12 Visiting Iguazu Falls
- 13 Lodging Recommendations for Buenos Aires and Mendoza
- 14 Airport transportation
- 15 estancias
- 16 Nuqui Colombia
- 17 Santiago to Valparaiso
- 18 Advice on Peru Itninerary
- 19 9 days in Chile & Bolivia
- 20 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 21 Bariloche or Villa La Angostura in Argentina Lake District
- 22 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 23 Hotels in San Pedro de Atacama?
- 24 Need Dinner recommendations for 12 Peru trip
- 25 US to Argentina Nov 28, passport expires March 7, 2018