fairly hypothetically speaking, I have been interested in road tripping the South American continent over a 12 to 18 month period for some time and figure should start doing some more digging. I have done chile and argentina before on bus travel so know some of what to expect. I’d just like to get any info on offer on acquiring a 4×4 vehicle and beginning in columbia rounding the conitinent and finishing in Rio. along the coast but zigzagging quite a lot through peru and bolivia. Can anyone give an estimate on finances for a self driven long term trip, difficulties with roads and vehicles, and even info on how much(is it possible) to skip tours and do self driven trips to places like salar de uyuni and san pedro de atacama. How easy is finding camp sites and do you save much money camping. Is it possible to acquire sponsors for gear and accomadation and/or earn money blogging etc? any insight would be much appreciated. thanks
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER 1800-681-7208 installations CONTACT HP Tec*h care
- 2 Chiloe in January - need input!
- 3 Considering 2019 eclipse tour with Astro Trails
- 4 Chile -Valparaiso to San Antonio Chile by car
- 5 Preliminary thoughts -- Peru and a bit of Bolivia?
- 6 Valparaiso Hotels - January 2018
- 7 Cusco Hotel Suggestions
- 8 Air Tickets to Peru Advice Needed
- 9 My trip report from Argentina
- 10 Advice on Chile itinerary
- 11 Santiago/Valparaiso/Wine Region - January 2018
- 12 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 13 Argentina in January (fingers crossed)!
- 14 Advice on Peru Itninerary
- 15 Wanting tips for trip to Brazil
- 16 Private driver Mendoza?
- 17 Torres del Paine - Jan 2018
- 18 Where to spend Christmas & New Year's Eve in Argentina
- 19 Galapagos Islands, a paradise
- 20 last-minute Argentina planning questions
- 21 Advice needed for Colombia
- 22 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 23 La Boca safety question
- 24 San Pedro de Atacama
- 25 More Colombia Itinerary help - beaches