I am getting ready to book my flights and hotels. I received some great advice so far, but I still have a few questions. Please review and let me know your suggestions.
May 24th My husband and I are flying into Lima after work and arriving late. We will take a taxi straight to our hotel -Hotel Estelar Miraflores.
May 25th (1) Lima with my husband's family
May 26th (2) Lima with my husband's family
May 27th (3) Lima with my husband's family
May 28th (4) We will get up early and take a 5:00 AM flight to Cusco- transfer by taxi from Cusco to Ollantaytambo (I heard staying here is better for altitude sickness than staying in Cusco first) Depending on how we feel, we will spend the day touring the ruins in Pisac and stop at the market. We also need a hotel recommendation. We do not want to stay in a hostel, but would be looking for a hotel around $100 per night.
May 29th (5) Staying in Ollantaytambo - Spend the day touring Maras/moray,salineras and Chincero. How far are these from Ollantaytambo, does this make sense?
Am I missing anything important in Ollantaytambo?
May 30th (6) Early train to Machu Picchu - spend the day there and then the train back to Ollantaytambo for the night (this way we can leave our luggage at the hotel and not trek to Cusco after a long day in Machu Pichhu).
May 31st (7) Take an early morning taxi from Ollantaytambo to Cusco - What is a good itinerary for 3 days in Cusco? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Is 3 days too long? If so, what is an alternative?
We also need a hotel still for Cusco. We do not want to stay in a hostel, but would be looking for a hotel around $100 per night. We were looking at Terra Andina Hotel. Has anyone stayed here?
June 1st (8) Cusco
June 2nd (9) Cusco
June 3rd Fly back early from Cusco to Miami
Thank you in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Wanting tips for trip to Brazil
- 2 Private driver Mendoza?
- 3 Chile -Valparaiso to San Antonio Chile by car
- 4 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 5 Torres del Paine - Jan 2018
- 6 Advice on Peru Itninerary
- 7 Santiago/Valparaiso/Wine Region - January 2018
- 8 Where to spend Christmas & New Year's Eve in Argentina
- 9 Galapagos Islands, a paradise
- 10 Argentina in January (fingers crossed)!
- 11 last-minute Argentina planning questions
- 12 Advice needed for Colombia
- 13 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 14 La Boca safety question
- 15 San Pedro de Atacama
- 16 My trip report from Argentina
- 17 More Colombia Itinerary help - beaches
- 18 Travel to brazil under Duel Passports
- 19 need help with my Peru Itinerary : Cusco, Puno Arequipa
- 20 Considering 2019 eclipse tour with Astro Trails
- 21 2 weeks in Colombia Itinerary help
- 22 Argentina (Chile?)
- 23 hotel selection Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 24 Patagonia-thoughts on my 24 night schedule?
- 25 Argentina in January
Please help Lima/Ollantaytambo/Machu Piccu/ Cusco Itinerary