Search

need help fast!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help fast!!

We have ten days in Argentina and we may have overbooked ourselves. We are flying and visiting Machu Picchu, Salta, and the Falls. Is this good value for dollar or would we be better off visiting just two places. I received two great responses in my earlier post but thought I would try again with a catchier title. We will also be in BA for about 4 days before we leave for the side trips.
Another Question is one day long enough in Cordoba or should we plan for more time?
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 06:16 AM

OK, so the ten days do NOT include your BA stay. At least that is clear.

As I said in the other post: "If that is the case, your plan COULD be possible, but I would advise against it, anyway. Do just Iguazú and Salta and have a relaxed, wonderful time."

So, my advice is yes, you can do all three (including Machu Picchu), but you'll spend a lot of time in airports and I would advise doing just two out of the three places.

About the dove hunting, it is very popular with American shooters (notice I said shooters, not hunters) and, if you are going to a reputable place, as you should, the charges should be correct. I was a hunter many, many years ago, but now I am an animal lover, so dove shooting is certainly no longer my thing, if it ever was.

Have a great time in BA, Iguazú and/or Salta and/or Machu Picchu.
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Original Poster

Thank you. We are from Canada and only my husband hunts. He is from a remote area in northern BC and hunting was a way of life growing up. I am curious about the hunters versus shooters? We tend to only shoot what we eat and are hoping this is the case in Cordoba or arrangements are made to feed people. I have checked online and it seems reputable David Denies. I really appreciate the advice you have provided.
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 07:13 AM

Katway: I had written a longer reply, but pressed the wrong key and it vanished into cyberspace.

In a nutshell, I feel that, if your husband is a true HUNTER, he won´t be happy SHOOTING doves, as he will be shooting hundreds or even thousands of them, which certainly does NOT qualify as shooting only "what you eat", the way I see it. I agree that if "arrangements are made to feed people", it would improve things, but I doubt it. Ask the people at the lodge, if you wish. Which particular lodge did you choose?

I once befriended a US gentleman who had been in Córdoba shooting doves and his right shoulder hurt pretty badly, which should tell you what I am talking about.

I took a look at http://www.daviddenies.com/index.php and noticed they also say "dove shooting" and "shooting experts", versus "duck and perdiz (quail) hunting", which should tell something.

If you wish to continue this conversation off the board, you can write to me to albertovgalloATyahoo.com indicating the message is related to this forum.

Like I said, have a great time in BA, Iguazú and/or Salta and/or Machu Picchu.
Old Apr 16th, 2011, 07:49 AM

I agree with Alberto, He knows what He is talking about, and I also feel you are eager to see more of South America.
For SALTA you need five days, and you can also arrange a drop off at the border with Bolivia. 15 hours in a train plus 3,5 hours in a bus will put you in LA PAZ. Trains leave Saturday and Tuesday, at 3.30 p.m. bolivian time(-1hour) arriving to ORURO 7a.m.
From La Paz one bus ride to COPACABANA and from there to Puno will put you to PERU...
This is the most I can help (I would love to do that ride!!!)
Bring warm clothes and lipsticks, sun glasses...}
Add to the days you will stay in Cordoba and SALTA- one day to La Paz, one day to the Bolivis/Peru Border...One more day form there to Cuzco...
Time flies!!!!
Have agreat time.
Flintstones/Angie