Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > South America
Reload this Page > Places to stay in Recife, Brasilia and Fortaleza
Notices

Places to stay in Recife, Brasilia and Fortaleza

Mar 30th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Original Poster

Places to stay in Recife, Brasilia and Fortaleza

Hi Everyone, I always find great advise and tips for my trips here. I hope you can help me with this:

My husband and I are going to the world cup in Jun and July and the matches we have are in Brasilia, Recife and Fortaleza. I have red so much about security issue in some places in Brasil an I was wondering if anyone can suggest places to stay or safe areas where to look for a hotel in this cities. I also red that some people are renting rooms in their places, what do you think about that?

Any comments would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Mar 30th, 2014, 07:11 PM

As far as I could see or read, there are no true safe areas in Recife and Fortaleza. I've been to the former and only have done some research on the latter.

Best neighborhood in Recife for the tourist is Boa Viagem. As I said, cannot call it "safe" at all, but you'll probably be if you follow the usual safety precautions - not walking alone at night, not wearing expensive stuff, etc.

Fortaleza - avoid staying in Praia do Futuro. Meireles seems to be a good neighborhood for the tourist.

Don't know anything about Brasilia.

No matter where I stay, I always read many reviews before renting anything. This is my advice. Booking.com is the one I use most in my researchs because, unlike Tripadvisor, most reviews are from people who actually have stayed in the hotels.
Apr 1st, 2014, 06:52 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Luademochila!!! This give me an idea.

Search this Thread