Peruvian Guide

Old Sep 9th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peruvian Guide

We have just returned from Peru and had a fabulous experience with Vidal from Adventure Holidays Peru. We spent our time in Cusco, the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu. Vidal is extremely knowledgeable, open-hearted and fun. He is trilingual in Quecha, Spanish and English. He planned our trip thoughtfully, paying careful attention to our personal preferences. From stories he shared, it seems clear that he wants to provide each client with the desired experience and, if necessary, will familiarize himself with new territory. A few days into our time together, we realized that we wanted to include a trek and in one evening he organized a hike over a 14,500 foot pass, complete with porters, equipment and gourmet meals. We camped at the Huchy Cusco ruins, away from other travelers. Around our campfire that night, we learned that he had used Beatles songs to help him learn English so we alternated between serenading him and listening to him play a Peruvian flute. Much of our itinerary took us to places with many other tourists. As much as possible, he steered us away from the crowds and always maintained a gentle and informative tone. The car was in excellent condition and the driver careful. Vidal has a polite and formal quality typical of many Peruvians but there was also great chemistry and a lot of laughter. When we return to Peru, we will explore less touristic areas and will certainly travel with Vidal again.
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 04:08 AM

Glad to hear you enjoyed your time with Vidal. We were with him in April and were quite taken with his charming and unassuming manner. Friends of ours are going with him in 2010; will share your review with them.
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 10:43 AM

Can you give a website or contact info. We are going to Peru in December and I am feeling overwhelmed--I think hiring a guide may help.
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 12:36 PM

Here are two posts from my Peru blog about Vidal and his services ... the first is at the outset of the trip; the second is part of my trip wrap up. Both have a link to his company. As for his email address: [email protected]

If you do contact him tell him that "Miss Erin says hi." (No, I don't get a commission

http://2totravel.blogspot.com/2009/04/who-is-vidal.html

http://2totravel.blogspot.com/2009/04/wrap-up.html
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 06:50 AM

Hi Miss Erin,
I read all your post on your Peru trip, thanks for all the info. I contacted Vidal this weekend after all the great reviews from your blog. We be in Peru in Feb. 2010.
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 11:44 AM

Thank you! I am contacting Vidal about our upcoming trip and greatly enjoyed your blog--thanks for sharing!
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 12:22 PM

Have a good time with Vidal ... and glad you both enjoyed my blog. We had a terrific trip and it was a pleasure to write about it.