Notices

Peru or china? Or somewhere else...?

Oct 29th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Original Poster

Peru or china? Or somewhere else...?

Hi guys, me and my boyfriend want to have a unique journey, before we get serious and... pregnant. We , too, are puzzled over going to Peru or China.In peru we will travel with friends , if we go, and we both speak spanish, so it will be a good chance to practise them. In china we have friends living in Beijing and Shangai, so we will be shown a bit around. I am an architect and I love chinese and asian food, and I know Shangai is the place to be. Also flights to China is much cheaper for us (we live in Athens, Greece). But being in the Andes, is an experience I might not be able to have later. Mind that we only have 12 days to travel, and with the economical crisis here we might not have a chance for the next few year to go anywhere... Thank you guys in advance
Oct 29th, 2012, 06:20 AM

I just posted on the other thread.
Nov 27th, 2012, 05:20 AM

China...by all means. We lived there for a year and went everywhere. Beijing and Shanghai are big cities. The place where Chinese tourists travel is to Dalian on the NE coast. Everything is fine, including interesting architecture....Russian, Jewish, traditional, world-of-neon, magnificent food. Another special place is Dali and related small towns in the SW...make that en route to an easy trip to Cambodia for Angkor Wat. My favorite travel places were Xiahe on the Tibetan plateau...and Harbin the "ice city" of PBS fame. The Gobi desert is easy to reach on the W/NW. jack

Search this Thread