Search

Peru For less travel agent

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peru For less travel agent

Hello!
Has anyone ever used them? And are they any good? Thank you!
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 05:52 AM

www.peruforless.com

is fine have used Susanna there personally

GREAT reviews on the boards.

www.perubesttours.com Mike

www.ancientsummit.com Nina

also great based on budget

Yure Chavez PeruTrek4Good good trek prices.

www.gotmyfare.com

for super budget packages sales from $999

Happy Hunting,
Old Mar 12th, 2011, 03:25 PM

I booked my upcoming trip with Peru for Less. I've been working with Riva and have been very pleased with her responsiveness and friendliness. The prices were good. I requested some special things, like a private photographer guide (rather than a regular guide) for machu picchu and she found one for me at a good price. I have requested a number of tweaks to the itinerary, including one just today, and every one has been handled with good humor and efficiency. I'm leaving for Peru on April 1. I'm expecting a great trip. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old Mar 14th, 2011, 11:39 PM

BH: How does Riva charge fro her services? I posted some questions here:
http://www.fodors.com/community/sout...-questions.cfm

I really just need to arrange drivers and train tix, but if she is makes commissions on hotels, I could have her do that too.

Looking forward to your report. I got a lot of tips from the post on your itinerary.
Old Apr 13th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Original Poster

I ended up booking with gate 1 (I hope they are good hehe), peru for less just didn't measure up in price and the amount of days in Peru Thank you for wonderful responses!
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 07:06 AM

I just finished my trip to MP/Cusco/Sacred Valley where I had Peru for Less (PFL) do all the arranging and I could not have been more pleased. I did not do a budget trip. I did five star hotels, private van/driver and private (excellent) guides everyday, and I thought the cost very reasonable. It compared very favorably to much lower level level tours that I have seen posted in this forum. They even arranged for a photographer guide for the entire day at MP as a complimentary upgrade.

Peru for Less is the only time I have used a travel service for South America, but it was great when we were stuck on the tracks because of the landslide and ncommunicationon, that I knew someone was rearranging on the other end. When we arrived in Olly after our four hour delay, our driver was waiting (and carried our bags the interminable gravel path walk back to the town--the road is shut down) and our afternoon and the next day had been reorganized so that we didn't miss anything.Caitlinyn, who is a fabulous on site PFL representative in Cusco, was great and called a couple times during the stay to make sure everything was working the way we expected. The attention was just right--not in your face, but always there when something happened or you needed something.

So, I had a great experience with PFL. I can't say anything about the others, but I was very pleased with my experience.
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 07:14 AM

Sorry for all the spelling mistakes in the prior message--spell check had a seizure I think. LOL.
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 07:52 AM

My Girlfriend and I booked our Cusco/Puno trip with Peru for Less. Silvana Zavala was our travel agent who we think is simply outstanding! She helped us plan a perfect trip from the get go. We explored Cusco city, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, Cuzco to Puno (bus tour), Lake Titicaca and Sillustani tours. Thanks to Silvana and her excellent customer service, we were picked up at several different venues ON TIME and were provided with very intelligent billingual local guides Ronnie, Marlene, Fabrizio, Emanuel, Carlos and Herver! During our trip, Silvana regulary checked with us to see if we were enjoying the trip and needed any further assistance.

I would highly recommend Silvana Zavala to anyone that is looking to find their best travel agent for their latin america travel.
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 07:25 PM

bookmarking
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 11:22 AM

I have used Peru for Less and I highly recommend them. I have just come back from a trip to Peru organised by Silvana Zavala - one of the travel consultants. It was seamless and outstanding.
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 01:12 AM

As a general rule, it's a good idea to take with one (or several) grains of salt the content of posts from one-time posters, who only post to recommend a certain service.
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 09:39 AM

Silvana seems to be a very aggressive agent for Peru For Less who asks her clients to post on travel forums (they inundate the Trip Advisor Peru Board). Usually we never hear from them again.
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 12:54 PM

Then readers should add A LOT of salt, not just a few grains, to such comments.
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 03:06 AM

To persuade clients, if indeed they are clients, to be videotaped for promotional material smacks of desperation to me. The fact that a director of the company flaunts Fodors guidelines and posts his website details here says it all really.

A good, genuine review posted, unprompted by a satisfied client who has not been coerced into doing so is worth a thousand of these company sponsored " reviews"
When will these people finally realise that there advertising strategy is counterproductive and probably does more harm than good?
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 04:02 PM

Does this mean then that your travel advisers will stop soliciting clients to post on Fodors and Tripadvisor?