Thanks for all the insightful information that the members are providing on this forum. It's been a pleasure. I am going to Peru for couple of weeks. I have some free time in between my volunteering and machu picchu hiking trip. Here are the details:
* Volunteering in Cusco for 5 days and I get 2 days off after that - Should I stay in Cusco or go somewhere else for sightseeing?
* Start the 4D / 3N hiking trip after the 2 day break. Will be left with 3 days after the trip - Should I stay local or travel somewhere, say Lima?
I am not a big fan of commercial places. Would be happy to visit anything that is still primitive. I would be more than happy to do another hike or visit a national park or enjoy a traditional city. Any recommendation would be helpful. I still have 2 more months to go and that's why haven't done enough research on my own yet. Thanks to all and happy traveling!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1888:260:2909 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt sbaba!
- 2 Advise on first trip to South America
- 3 From Argentina to Antarctica: The Ultimate Expedition
- 4 My trip report from Argentina
- 5 La Boca safety question
- 6 Visiting Iguazu Falls
- 7 Lodging Recommendations for Buenos Aires and Mendoza
- 8 Airport transportation
- 9 estancias
- 10 Nuqui Colombia
- 11 Santiago to Valparaiso
- 12 Advice on Peru Itninerary
- 13 9 days in Chile & Bolivia
- 14 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 15 Bariloche or Villa La Angostura in Argentina Lake District
- 16 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 17 Hotels in San Pedro de Atacama?
- 18 Need Dinner recommendations for 12 Peru trip
- 19 US to Argentina Nov 28, passport expires March 7, 2018
- 20 Chile -Valparaiso to San Antonio Chile by car
- 21 Cusco Hotel Suggestions
- 22 Santiago/Valparaiso/Wine Region - January 2018
- 23 Chiloe in January - need input!
- 24 Preliminary thoughts -- Peru and a bit of Bolivia?
- 25 Valparaiso Hotels - January 2018
Peru - Cusco - Places to visit in 3 days (after machu picchu hike)