I will be traveling to Peru from December 25-January 8 with 2 other people. We will be landing in Lima on December 26th at 5am. Points of interest are: Lima, Cuzco/Machu Picchu and Ollantaytambo to adjust to the altitude in that area, and hoping to reach the Amazon region if possible!
I am having a hard time mapping out the itinerary in regards to where to start/end. One person will be leaving on January 6th so I would like to be in an area where she can get to Lima fairly easily without interrupting our portion of the vacation.
I am also wondering if we should do the hike up to Machu Picchu or take the train. Any recommendations?
We will obviously be in Peru for New Years Eve so I am also curious if there is a specific place that would be nice to celebrate in.
Thanks in advance for your input!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Oklahoma State vs Kansas State
- 2 Chile -Valparaiso to San Antonio Chile by car
- 3 Advice on Peru Itninerary
- 4 Santiago/Valparaiso/Wine Region - January 2018
- 5 Where to spend Christmas & New Year's Eve in Argentina
- 6 Galapagos Islands, a paradise
- 7 Argentina in January (fingers crossed)!
- 8 last-minute Argentina planning questions
- 9 Advice needed for Colombia
- 10 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 11 La Boca safety question
- 12 San Pedro de Atacama
- 13 My trip report from Argentina
- 14 More Colombia Itinerary help - beaches
- 15 Travel to brazil under Duel Passports
- 16 need help with my Peru Itinerary : Cusco, Puno Arequipa
- 17 Considering 2019 eclipse tour with Astro Trails
- 18 2 weeks in Colombia Itinerary help
- 19 Argentina (Chile?)
- 20 hotel selection Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 21 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 22 Patagonia-thoughts on my 24 night schedule?
- 23 Argentina in January
- 24 hotel selection Santiago/Valparaiso Chile
- 25 Perito Moreno best tour and hotel