Notices

Peru 12 days

Feb 12th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Original Poster

Peru 12 days

Hello,
I'm planning to travel to Peru with my girlfriend on July for 12 days. I have never been there.
We would like to visit :
- Lima ( 1- 2 nights),
- Machu Pichu, Aguas Calientes, Pisac, (4 nights),
- Puno/Lake Titicaca (2 nights, is it enough?)
- Colca Canyon, if possible, in this period (3 nights)
I would like some help with the itinerary.
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Feb 19th, 2013, 08:57 AM

Hi,

That's a preety tight but doable itinerary. Bear in mind that you will lose some time travelling aprticularly between Cusco and Puno (7 hours by bus) and Puno and Colca Canyon.

4 nights in Cusco, Aguas calientes, Machu Picchu and Pisac is also tight but doable. You could spend the first night in Cusco and explore the city and then head to Pisac the next morning and visit the Pisac ruins and market. In the afternoon head to Ollantaytambo and take an afternoon train to Aguas Calientes.

Overnight in Aguas Calientes and visit Machu Picchu on day 3. Day 4 visit, Maras, moray and Chinchero before returning to Cusco for final night in Cusco before heading to Puno. Youc an find more help with itinerary planning fro Cusco and Machu Picchu here: http://www.bestofcusco.com/download-...e-itineraries/

2 nights in Puno/Lake Titicac is fine if you just plan to visit Puno and the uros islands. If you plan to visit Isla del Sol or any other islands this is probably too tight.

This site is also good for travel planning in Puno and Colca; http://www.andeantravelweb.com/peru/

Search this Thread